Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a tech startup based in Kirkland, WA.
We’re a team of innovators and tech geeks obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone. Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
We launched our first smart home camera, Wyze Cam, in October 2017. We also sell Wyze Cam Pan, a pan & tilt camera.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the product updates, defects / bugs, and service updates
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct and lead Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Schedule product deployment plan for App, Cloud, and firmware
- Weekly Release Reporting and manage release dashboard
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Create, document, execute, and improve the process of build packaging, verification, certification, and release
- Manage and work with engineers to coordinate all Build and Release activities - branching strategy, analyze the impacts of branches / environment and code merges
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- 3-5 years of release and/or project management experience
- Bilingual (Mandarin/English)
- Prior experience performs release management
- Strong leadership, communication, and presentation skills with a firm sense of accountability, ownership for the end-to-end project lifecycle, and exceptional Project Management skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office expert level knowledge of Excel.
- Proven ability to take initiative and execute using agile techniques.
Good to Have
- Work / Hands-on experience on Agile development
Ready to be part of #teamwyze? Then please send us your resume or detailed Linkedin
profile. We also love covers letters that tell us all the amazing things you can do!
Lastly and incredibly important to us: we are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity as well as inclusion at Wyze. We are fully committed to providing equal
employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. That’s
how we do things!
Read Full Job Description