Senior Scrum Master at DomainTools
DomainTools is seeking a Senior Scrum Master and Agile coach to join our team. This is a full-time permanent position in our Seattle office (in Belltown).
DomainTools helps security analysts turn threat data into threat intelligence. We take indicators from your network, including domains and IPs, and connect them with nearly every active domain on the Internet. Those connections inform risk assessments, help profile attackers, guide online fraud investigations, and map cyber activity to attacker infrastructure. Fortune 1000 companies, global government agencies, and leading security solution vendors use the DomainTools platform as a critical ingredient in their threat investigation and mitigation work.
- Mentor and develop the SCRUM methodology competency within the Engineering departments as an Agile Coach
- Assess, refine and define Agile SDLC methodology and process
- Responsible for managing the Agile processes and ceremonies, including facilitating daily stand-up, planning, estimation, demo, and retrospective sessions
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the Agile principles and best-practices
- Promote and contribute to communications, for within the teams, the department, and company
- Facilitate discussions and conflict resolution
- Empower and assist the team to self-organize
- Remove impediments for the teams
- Proactively identify potential issues and manage risks for the teams
- Provide coaching to team members
- Metrics: work with team and management to define and report metrics on regular basis
- Supports and collaborate with the Product Owners to manage product backlogs
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a Scrum Master required
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in software industry required
- Comprehensive understanding of Agile (SCRUM is required, Kanban is nice-to-have) software development methodologies, values, and procedures required
- Highly detail oriented, well organized and able to coordinate and drive multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills
- Energetic and motivated with bias for action
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types from developers to executive
- Collaborative approach to driving decisions, yet able to drive resolutions
- Experience with Delivery Team model
- Bachelor's degree or combination of relevant education and experience required
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is preferred
- Lean development methodologies experience
DomainTools is the leader in domain name, DNS and Internet OSINT-based cyber threat intelligence and cybercrime forensics products and data. With over 15 years of domain name, DNS and related ‘cyber fingerprint’ data across the Internet, DomainTools helps companies assess security threat risks, profile attackers, investigate online fraud and crimes, and map cyber activity in order to stop attacks. Our customers include many Fortune 500 companies, including leaders in Internet technology, banking, consumer products, manufacturing and government.
We are located in Belltown (downtown Seattle) in a very cool office staffed with smart and energetic co-workers. We provide great benefits such as fully paid premiums on medical plans for employees, pet insurance, unlimited PTO, and flexible scheduling to name a few.
DomainTools embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion to its fullest as an equal opportunity employer. We build our teams so creativity and innovation can flourish. We believe inclusivity and equity fosters innovation and growth; and we harness this mindset to drive a culture that serves our employees and our customers. We encourage people of all backgrounds, ages, perspectives, and skill sets to apply; and do not discriminate based on age, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.