Senior Technical Program Manager, Core Services at Outreach
Daily Adventures Include
- Own platform initiatives from within Core Services that include: Governance, Settings, Sync, Admin Framework, Search, Org Lifecycle
- Build working relationships with leaders of each Core Services engineering squad, with clearly communicated roles and responsibilities around planning and execution for platform initiatives.
- Collect and define requirements, work ownership, and both inbound and outbound dependencies for each initiative, facilitating design reviews. Understand and be able to communicate the key facets and tradeoffs of the proposed design for each initiative.
- Drive end-to-end cross-team delivery of each initiative, communicating work and deadlines to each squad, collecting status, and reporting to leadership and stakeholders
- Institute practices and an established cadence for reviewing status, changes, adoption, operational health, and quality with tracking, and visibility around high priority action items
- Create a standard playbook for TPMs taking on future cross-squad platform efforts, including best practices for launch, requirements-gathering, measurement, and information-sharing
- Ramp up ownership and kick off efforts for management of a 3rd platform initiative
- 6+ years of experience building great products, including responsibilities for driving prioritization, trade-offs, and timelines
- High intellectual horsepower, deeply analytical, high EQ, curious, process oriented. Knows the art (evangelism, developer support) and science (planning and execution) of technical program management
- Strong people skills; can get teams excited about adopting new platforms
- Strong technical aptitude; experience collecting detailed technical requirements and driving technical strategy for complex software projects
- Ability to define long-term strategic planning, and drive impact on short-term product goals
- Self-starter that thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with the demonstrated capacity to lead, motivate and work well with others
- Deep understanding of customer needs (both internal and external), and strong motivation to tackle their problems.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineers
- Strong skills around cross-functional collaboration, influence, and communication
- Strong analytical abilities and prior experience with building business cases, data analysis, and problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable presenting at all levels of an organization, able to craft a narrative, skilled at tailoring a message for different audiences