Senior Technical Program Manager, Developer Tooling & Shared Services (DTSS) at Outreach
Daily Adventures Include
- Define and maintain the DTSS roadmap by working collaboratively with engineering and stakeholders across the development organization. This includes taking on ownership and reporting for the squad’s monthly, quarterly, annual and long-term planning cadence.
- Define and measure key metrics for engineering velocity across Outreach. Understand their drivers and recommend specific actions for maintaining and improving ongoing developer success.
- Take ownership of driving service maturity efforts, including driving progress and regular reporting of Bootstrap versions, OpsLevel tiers (getting all services to Gold+), and other hygiene and maintenance tasks as they emerge.
- Take ownership of the central, high-level, central plan for data decomposition out of the Flagship Monolith. Ensure teams decomposing their services are unblocked to use Smart Store and other required shared components, drive sequencing and prioritization for services, and report on status.
- Deliver Product Requirements for each of the DTSS squad’s initiatives, gathering related requirements from across the organization, prioritizing them, and synthesizing into contents digestible by engineering for creating design documents.
- Ensure DTSS squad delivers predictable work on-time with clear ownership and reporting
- 6+ years of experience building great products, including responsibilities for driving prioritization, trade-offs, and timelines
- High intellectual horsepower, deeply analytical, high EQ, curious, process oriented. Knows the art (evangelism, developer support) and science (planning and execution) of technical program management
- Strong people skills; can get teams excited about adopting new platforms
- Strong technical aptitude; experience collecting detailed technical requirements and driving technical strategy for complex software projects
- Ability to define long-term strategic planning, and drive impact on short-term product goals
- Self-starter that thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with the demonstrated capacity to lead, motivate and work well with others
- Deep understanding of customer needs (both internal and external), and strong motivation to tackle their problems.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineers
- Strong skills around cross-functional collaboration, influence, and communication
- Strong analytical abilities and prior experience with building business cases, data analysis, and problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable presenting at all levels of an organization, able to craft a narrative, skilled at tailoring a message for different audiences