Senior Technical Program Manager, GraphQL APIs
Interested in a rare opportunity to help craft the future of the sharing economy? Want to be an integral part of building the foundation of a global marketplace? Are you a Program Manager that is passionate about creating great products and loves technology?
Expedia Group has a mission to become the world’s travel platform. As part of that effort, we are building the most widely accepted Lodging Platform for the hotel and vacation rental industries. We want travelers visiting our sites to be able to find the type of lodging that best fits their travel needs whether a house, bungalow, castle, condo or hotel room. We build extraordinary products at fast-paced speed, but we are always looking for ways to be better and faster. GraphQL has shown to be a technology accelerator for our business. We are now looking to iterate upon existing GraphQL schemas and architectural patterns in our next-generation of Node.js-based GraphQL APIs to unlock additional speed for our many UX and public API teams.
This role will serve as a key technical contributor to the development of our v2 Lodging GraphQL APIs and will also work with development teams throughout Expedia Group to evangelize and drive adoption of the emerging GraphQL API and architectural fundamentals.
What you’ll do:
- You act as the product, process (Lean, SCRUM, Kanban), and program (X-team priorities and roadmaps) leader for the Lodging Supply GraphQL team
- You will build reliable, highly available, and highly scalable systems in a Lean, agile, and test driven environment.
- You are going to work closely with other engineering leaders and TPMs to design and implement leading-edge solutions.
- You can accelerate API development by encouraging and facilitating inner-sourcing of GraphQL schemas.
- You become an ambassador for GraphQL and Node.js to educate and motivate Engineering on opportunities.
- You assist teams in breaking through challenges by coaching and suggesting solutions to be sure innovation and speed to market are not impeded.
- You care about tracking important metrics for API coverage, API adoption, and developer (customer) NPS.
Who you are:
- You bring at least 3 years of professional experience leading agile (SCRUM, Lean, Kanban) teams at elite levels.
- You are experienced working multi-functionally to deliver business results.
- You are able to complete tasks through the challenge of ambiguity and exert influence where it is required.
- You have earned a Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- You possess a deep understanding of Web and API architecture
- You are conversant in common Internet technologies and protocols (HTTP, SSL, OAuth, REST, JSON, XML, etc)
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.