At Unity, we are passionate about the new creative avenues that AR and VR bring to our developers. With that in mind, we are investing heavily in these futures, from integrating third-party hardware to developing innovative tools to make it easy for developers to build experiences. If you are passionate about the XR space and want to help achieve its full potential, Unity is the next step in your career!
We are looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated Technical Program Manager to facilitate operations, collaboration, and communications for the XR team located in Bellevue. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with engineering, product management, and other teams, supporting the team in their internal processes and opening doors to collaboration with the rest of the company. Together we will ensure that XR features and partner commitments have a clear and realistic development plan.
Are you are comfortable wearing multiple hats such as connector, mentor, reporter, translator and diplomat? Do you enjoy helping as much as leading, acting as a force multiplier? Then this role is for you. A light-touch project management style and a dedication to a culture of individual empowerment, ownership, and trust will make a difference. Your communication skills are outstanding, and you have a powerful understanding and appreciation for leading partner relationships.
Due to the nature of the role, some international travel is encouraged.
What you'll be doing
- Act as a collaborative force to help independent teams work together, embracing divergent priorities, processes, and cultures
- Use proficiency in common software production methodologies and deep empathy to improve planning and delivering software without hampering the progress or autonomy of developers
- Coordinate with XR team leadership and product management to build and maintain a clear roadmap of team priorities and dependencies
- Circulate regular status updates to partners, providing a concise high-level view into the team’s health and progress against goals
- Collaborate with select strategic platform partners, aligning on priorities and building and maintaining a healthy relationship
What we're looking for
- Experience in software production/project management, working cross-functionally within an engineering organization
- Experience with forming collaborations with customers, setting expectations, and implementing cross-company process
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, to speak to a broad audience, internal and external
- Ability to gracefully lead change in an organization, working with the current of embedded habits rather than fighting against it
- Demonstrate a proactive, curious mentality willing to dig for your own answers as well
You might also have
- AR/VR software development experience
- Game development experience
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.