Senior Technical Program Manager
ExpediaSenior Technical Program Manager
Are you passionate about travel? Do you believe global travel is important for trust, understanding, and empathy among people? At Expedia Group (EG), we are the world’s travel platform and our purpose is to bring the world within reach. Our eCommerce Platform (eCP) Platform Product and Architecture (PPA) team enables growth by building an effective Expedia Group platform asset. Our team seeks a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to provide technical direction to across eCommerce Platform (eCP) development team, allocated to priority work supporting eCP's and EG's platform deliverables.
What are your career goals? How do you see yourself growing in the dynamic technology industry? Our team wants an unusual combination of team leadership, technical skills, flexibility, and platform thinking. You aspire to achieve a balanced combination of innovative thinking, influence, creativity, and technical direction. Your success is built on a foundation and background in software development for eCommerce transactional services such as payments, ordering, fulfillment, fraud, and customer operations. While you don't need experience in all these areas, you exhibit a growth mindset and strive to learn and collaborate across all of our teams. You exercise your creativity to orchestrate complex decisions and scenarios. You combine personal humility with a fierce resolve to succeed. Also, we want you to see this role as a valuable career progression step as our team helps you grow in your career.
What you’ll do:
- You plan, track, coordinate and communicate work across sprint development teams
- You collect the data to determine high level sizing and effort
- You provide detailed technical specifications that satisfy business requirements, reliability and performance goals. This includes coordinating and managing the technical software/services development and delivery as part of the story writing and acceptance criteria.
- You assign and support the sprint teams and delivery schedule
- You participate in daily stand-ups (as required) and sprint demos
- You define and drive testing across all impacted teams
- You ensure operational support in place (if needed)
- You support solution guiding and vetting of ideas with team members, end-to-end ownership of technical systems and work in coordination with Product, Engineers, Architects and Operations
- You work with internal and external technical / testing partners (Architect / Dev Lead) to identify and drive the technical solutions
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree. Technical degree preferred.
- Confirmed software development experience in eCommerce settings.
- Ability to guide software developers without the need for development management translation.
- Experience in any or all of these eCommerce areas a plus: order management, payments, fulfillment, customer operations, and fraud.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.