Senior Technical Program Manager
Expedia Group is revolutionizing travel through the power of technology, and the eCommerce Platform (eCP) team is at the heart of that mission. eCP provides a world class platform of ecommerce technologies and services operating at global scale to support our rapidly growing family of brands.
We are the Enterprise Risk & Security Technology team (ERS Tech) and are seeking a highly motivated Technical Program Manager. We build systems and solutions that help detect and prevent fraudulent activity and security violations on Expedia's brands. You will help deliver in one of the best security and technology organizations in the world, ensuring our data, systems, partners and customers are secured with the best standards and technology solutions.
As a TPM on the ERS team, you will define and drive projects from conception to release. You will work closely with product management, business partners, engineering teams and leadership across organizations. Your role will require coordination across teams, product planning and risk assessment. You will be responsible for driving engineering practices and balancing delivery timelines with technical constraints, all in an agile development environment.
What you'll do:
- Plan, track, coordinate and communicate project work and status across sprints and agile development teams
- Develop detailed technical specifications that satisfy business requirements, as well as reliability and performance goals
- Participate in and lead daily stand-ups and sprint demos, as required
- Facilitate coordination and roadmap sync between product and development teams
- Drive end to end testing and verification of business features across all impacted teams
Who you are:
- 3-5 years experience in a TPM role, including project planning, risk management, dependency and issue tracking across a global organization
- Experience shipping software as part of agile teams and translating business requirements into actionable work items. Scrum Master experience a plus
- Self-starter, accustomed to working in a changing environment
- Enjoy and take pride in delivering value to our customers
- Able to creatively tackle challenging and ambiguous business and technology problems
- Familiar with distributed systems and microservices based architectures
- A degree in a technical field or related discipline preferred
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.