Senior Technical Program Manager at Expedia Group
Do you want to transform the experience of millions of travelers the world over? Do you love working with a creative engineering team in building an intelligent, scalable and personalized travel assistance platform? Do you enjoy working with state of the art technologies such as real-time streaming, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning? Our goal is to build the best conversational bot platform that can meet customers on any channel (social, SMS, web, or voice), use AI/ML to understand/anticipate their needs and deliver unparalleled service. With your passion, technical skills, and effective communication, you will implement and affect solutions that drive customer effort down and improve customer service at Expedia.
We are looking for an experienced, results-oriented, and enthusiastic Senior Technical Program Manager to lead a strategically significant area of our agent toolset. You will need to understand the needs of Expedia’s businesses, customer, the travel agent, the implications to the underlying technology and balance these needs as you lead a project throughout the product development lifecycle. Qualified individuals will have a real passion for delivering creative solutions in dynamic agile development environments and possess proven project management skills to shepherd the team's work from inception to deployment.What you'll do/Roles & Responsibilities:
- Take ownership in driving product and new feature development through every stage of the agile software development lifecycle; and work with team and company resources to refine team SDLC.
- Collaborate with technical partners, development, test teams, and internal technical teams to design technical solutions and provide detailed specifications that satisfy scalability, reliability, and performance goals.
- Drive creative designs and technical solutions that provide scalable and reliable solutions.
- Perform project management activities, which include active mitigation of any risks to the project scope and schedule, and provide status updates.
- Lead the team roadmap and team prioritization activities. Effectively handle trade-offs between cost, schedule and customer benefit; and provide technical direction and guidance.
- Lead discussion and documentation of lessons learned and drive continuous improvement into all project processes.
- Mentor Team Members
- Eliminate roadblocks for the team and anticipate issues based on previous learning and identify solution.
- Identify and actively pursue problems.
- 8-10 years of Program Management or Technical Product Management experience in a professional technology organization, preferably ecommerce.
- Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices & identify what truly matters, analytical skills are a requirement.
- Ability to evaluate solutions in unconventional ways, find opportunities to innovate and execute against them.
- Excellent problem resolution skills; passion for data with a rigorous approach to analysis.
- Tight-knit collaboration at all levels, with crisp and compelling verbal and written interpersonal skills including presentation skills and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to varying audiences.
- Consistent track record in handling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritizing engineering decisions effectively, and thriving in a dynamic and complex environment.
- High degree of competency with project management including, Agile methodology, identifying and handling risks, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communicating overall project status.
- High energy and a positive outlook with the passion to make things better at every opportunity.
- Understand technical issues and business impact and present the details with data to management.
Education: BS in Computer Science or related engineering fields.Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work within the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-BH2Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.