Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Solutions Architect to drive quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction within our Consulting business by leading customer conversations and assisting customers with designing, building, and implementing solutions that leverage Smartsheet, the Smartsheet API and integrations between Smartsheet and other products. For the right candidate, this is a career-defining opportunity to join Smartsheet at a critical moment and have a significant impact.
As a Solutions Architect, you will work with Smartsheet customers and partners on engagements to convert business requirements into Smartsheet solutions. Within this role you will be considered the Subject Matter Expert pertaining to advanced Smartsheet functionalities in order to propose solutions for use cases across different industries and business groups. The right candidate is a strong communicator, is detail-oriented, and is driven by making an impact for our customers.
This important role is part of the Professional Services team, reports to a Regional Consulting Manager and is based at Smartsheet’s corporate offices in Bellevue, WA.
- Develop, build, and deploy custom solutions leveraging the API
- Lead consulting engagements that require custom development with customers
- Collaborate with client stakeholders to define requirements, deliverables, and set and manage expectations
- Translate business requirements into well architected solutions that best leverage the Smartsheet platform, our partners, and our API
- Participate in technical design sessions; architect and document technical solutions aligned with client business objectives; identify gaps between client's current and desired end states
- Provide oversight and governance of Smartsheet projects
- Serve as the Smartsheet subject matter expert (SME) on Smartsheet product capabilities and extensibility scenarios that leverage the API
- Develop tools, processes and best practices to ensure customers are realizing the greatest possible value from Smartsheet
- Expand upon the Smartsheet solution portfolio, demonstrating best practices in design for use cases across variety of industries and business functions
- Determine solution feasibility and costing in support of our Sales team for new engagements
- Review and validate solution designs produced by other Services team members
- Manage the technical delivery of custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of a Smartsheet implementation
- Maintain a target billable utilization aligned to the role
- Provide feedback to our Product & Platform Engineering teams that inform additional product and service sales opportunities
- 3+ years hands-on working experience in the configuration, customization, and implementation of SaaS applications
- Passion for working with leading edge, web-based technologies and a desire to deeply understand Smartsheet’s benefits, use cases, and business and technical elements
- Understanding of systems architecture and ability to design scalable performance-driven solutions
- Understanding of key design patterns and large data volume best practices
- Knowledge of data integration tools and experience integrating SAAS applications with different business systems (ETL, CRM, business analytics, reporting, etc.)
- Knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design and database design
- Strong background in design/development of large web-based or client server systems, or complete software product lifecycle exposure
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises
- Proven ability to drive projects from concept through completion with minimal guidance
- Familiarity with platform authentication patterns (SAML, SSO, OAuth)
- Strong understanding of release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, CIS, CS or equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education
- Willing to travel periodically (up to 50%) based on customer and business need
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.