Expedia Global Procurement supports the brands and business units of Expedia Group worldwide. Joining our team represents an opportunity to work in an exciting and fast-paced that is plugged into internal and external partnerships all over the globe
What You'll Do:
- Develop and execute effective category strategies supported by executable sourcing plans.
- Lead strategic sourcing projects with business executives while running a full portfolio of sourcing relationships.
- Consult business partners in the supplier sourcing process, communicating approach for supplier agreement negotiations and/or ongoing projects.
- Partner with internal organizations to: define moderate to complex product / service requirements; assist with identifying suppliers; run RFx process and evaluations; provide supplier evaluation framework; and make recommendations on supplier selection.
- Conduct analysis, coordinate key partner participation (Legal, Tax, Information Security, Finance, etc.) and execute supporting administrative processes.
- Facilitate efforts across multiple products/brands as well as multiple geographies in developing solutions to problems.
- Build, communicate and execute on sourcing project work plan and timeline; identify supporting efforts, dependencies or barriers. Identify and track any sourcing issues, track and report progress.
- Draft and redline commercial components of master purchasing and service contracts, statements of work, and software as a service and licensing agreements
- Assist with risk analysis to identify issues (financial, operational and/or regulatory) and develop risk mitigation strategy
- Support clients in management of suppliers as it relates to communicating basic contract terms and expectations internally and to the supplier; provide support for contract changes, escalations, remediation and termination planning
- Perform category management and identify data and research resources in the industry; track competitive landscape and identify emerging supplier candidates
- Complete administrative processes and activity reporting as needed to support projects
- Support other business-related activities as directed by management
Who You Are:
- 5+ years experience in global corporate indirect procurement/strategic sourcing with a focus in technology and/or telecom; or similar industry experience with supplier, product or fulfillment management experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business, technology or relevant field
- High-level technical competence in all core Strategic Sourcing disciplines
- Effective communicator (i.e. message delivered through different methods, under various circumstances in a collaborative manner)
- Ability to operate independently, while functioning as a team member
- Proficiency in exercising “soft power” at various org levels, including C-level executives
- Strong sense of personal accountability for evolution and success of the entrusted space
- Navigate and adapt in an ambiguous environment
- Proficient in “Customer Value Creation;” envision, plan and realize effective, customer valued programs
- Positive, “can do” attitude
- Innovating and unconventional thinking
- Ability to prioritize and redirect under pressure
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenter®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.