Sourcing Manager at Expedia Group
This position is focused on strategic sourcing and procurement of vendor services supporting business units and brands throughout Expedia Group., with an emphasis on contracting. The person in this role will work directly with internal stakeholders to facilitate effective vendor selection, negotiation of agreements, and ongoing contract and vendor management support to deliver cost savings, performance, and risk mitigation.
What you’ll do:
- Act as consultant to business partners in the professional services vendor sourcing process, communicating approach for vendor agreement negotiations and/or ongoing projects.
- Partner with internal organizations to: define product / service requirements; assist with identifying services vendors; manage RFx process and evaluations; provide vendor evaluation framework; make recommendations on vendor selection.
- Conduct analysis, coordinate key stakeholder participation (Legal, Tax, Information Security, Finance, etc.) and execute supporting administrative processes.
- Facilitate efforts across multiple products/brands as well as multiple geographies in developing solutions to problems.
- Assist with the creation, communication and execution of sourcing project work plans and timelines.
- Negotiate, draft and redline commercial components of service contracts with consulting and professional services / staffing vendors, including MSA’s, amendments, statements of work, and other contractual agreements.
- Assist with risk analysis to identify issues (financial, operational and/or regulatory) and develop risk mitigation strategy; communicate risks and mitigation strategies to stakeholders.
- Perform category management and help identify data and research resources in the industry. Track competitive landscape and identify emerging vendor candidates.
- Manage administrative processes and activity reporting as needed to support projects. Support other business-related activities as directed by management.
Who you are, and what you bring:
- 3+ years experience in global corporate indirect procurement/strategic sourcing
- Experienced in contract negotiation and vendor management in the professional services space, preferably with a focus in technology.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, legal studies, or relevant category field.
- High level technical competence in core strategic sourcing disciplines
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong contract negotiation, contract analysis, and contract drafting skills.
- Strong business acumen, analytical and organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player who is able to work independently while prioritizing his/her own work and resources.
- Works well under pressure and within short time constraints; able to work with high levels of ambiguity.
- Ability to adapt to the complex needs of the business while maintaining adherence to process.
- Ability to integrate internal partner and management feedback in resolving issues.
- Capable of working with abstract concepts and effectively communicating conceptual topics to others.
- Ability to work with a complex matrix of stakeholders and businesses.
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities to complete work effectively and efficiently.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.