Expedia Global Procurement is seeking a Strategic Sourcing Manager with specific focus with Corporate Services categories (HR Services, Finance, Contact Centers, Consulting). Build strong relationships with internal business stakeholders to manage activities that facilitate effective vendor selection processes, effective negotiations of agreements, and ongoing contract and vendor management support to deliver continuous cost savings, performance and process improvement to the business.
What you'll do:
- Act as consultant to business partners in the vendor sourcing process, communicating approach for vendor agreement negotiations and/or ongoing projects.
- Manage full range of projects from transactional to complex, spanning all types of third party services. Identify data and research resources in the industry. Track competitive landscape and identify emerging vendor candidates and staffing approaches.
- Partner with internal organizations to: define requirements; assist with identifying vendors; manage RFx process and evaluations; provide vendor evaluation framework; and make recommendations on vendor selection.
- Draft and redline commercial components of master purchasing and service contracts, statements of work, and software as a service and licensing agreements.
- Conduct analysis, coordinate key stakeholder participation (Legal, Tax, Information Security, Finance, etc.) and execute supporting administrative processes.
- Facilitate efforts across multiple products/brands as well as multiple geographies in developing solutions to problems.
- Create, communicate and execute on sourcing project work plan and timeline. Identify supporting efforts, dependencies or barriers. Identify and track any sourcing issues, track and report progress.
- Execute against a portfolio of projects comprised of both large and strategic initiatives, as well as high volume transactional support
- Assist with risk analysis to identify issues (financial, operational and/or regulatory) and develop risk mitigation strategy. Communicate risks and alternative mitigation strategies to business owners and stakeholders.
- Manage administrative processes and activity reporting as needed to support projects.
- Support other business-related activities as directed by management.
Who you are:
- 3+ years’ experience in global corporate indirect procurement/strategic sourcing with a focus on transactional high volume.
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business, technology or relevant field
- High level competence in all core Strategic Sourcing disciplines
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Works well under pressure and within short time constraints; able to work with high levels of ambiguity.
- Strong business acumen, analytical and organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Strong process orientation with project management skills and proven program implementation experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player who can work independently while prioritizing his/her own work and resources.
- Capable of working with abstract concepts and effectively communicating conceptual topics to others.
- Ability to work with a complex matrix of stakeholders and businesses
- Ability to manage time to complete work effectively and efficiently.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.