Spotlight Technical Program Manager at Unity Technologies
The Unity Spotlight Team is looking for a Technical Program Manager to ensure one of our VIP customers can ship world class titles using cutting edge Unity technology. You will work closely with our VIP partner and internal Unity teams to create amazing games that will demonstrate the power of Unity to the industry. You will interact with the customer to integrate new Unity features, minimize production risks, anticipate potential problems, and resolve issues by bringing other Spotlight and Unity team members in at any level of interaction needed.
You will demonstrate strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills and have experience producing online video games. You’ll need to work with our VIP partner to manage their requests and issues, and solve development hurdles well before they become problems. You are comfortable wearing multiple hats: diplomat, coach, reporter, translator, firefighter. Most importantly you desire to change the face of gaming by empowering a team that is pushing Unity to its limits.
- Build and enhance relationships with our VIP game studio partner
- Work closely with a VIP partner to help them implement the latest Unity features in their projects in ways that are most beneficial for the dev studios and for Unity
- Work with the VIP partner to understand and share the roadmaps for the Partner’s project
- Identify and resolve potential risks with customer’s products before they have a negative impact
- Work closely with a VIP customer to manage their bugs and other requests in coordination with Spotlight and internal Unity teams
- Use effective communication, tools, and project management strategies to ensure that goals are met, stakeholders are informed, and the team is up-to-date with progress
- Work with limited supervision and use independent judgment outside of established procedures when necessary
- Experience in AAA game production, or similar technical program management work, and working with cross disciplinary teams
- Experience managing efficient production processes, and working with external development teams to drive production from planning to shipping
- Exemplary collaboration and communication skills; strong active listening skills and able to resolve conflicts with members of varied disciplines in a clear and efficient manner
- Detail-oriented and organized, able to keep track of complex requirements and numerous moving pieces
- Literacy with multiple issue-tracking systems - JIRA, FogBugz, Favro, Trello, etc.
- Methodical and investigative disposition; be willing to ask questions, and be willing to dig for your own answers as well
- Demonstrate a proactive, curious mindset
- Experience working with distributed teams across time zones
- Experience working on enterprise-scale software
- Prior usage of Kanban, Scrum, Waterfall, and other development methodologies
- Mix of game industry experience on multiple platforms and team sizes
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.