Sr. Commercial Payment Partnerships Manager at Expedia Group
The Senior Payment Partnerships Manager will play a meaningful role in providing payments solutions for the travel market. Expedia Group is responsible for enabling $90 Billion of customer and supplier payment services for a portfolio of global online travel brands under Expedia Group. To date our transactional capabilities are clearly leading the travel industry. And while our technology and products have initially been built to power some of the industry’s leading brands, their ambitious strengths represent a compelling opportunity to broaden Expedia Group’s reach in the ecosystem of travel providers. Join a nimble and mighty team at the forefront of travel plus payments technology development and experience this transformational journey.
This position will be responsible for the third-party vendor solution innovation and implementation planning coupled with contractual relationship and performance management of a collection of payment partners for pay-in and pay-out services of commercial payments. As a key member of the eCommerce Platform (eCP) Commercial Products group, your role will be critical to identifying opportunities to use payments to power the $2T travel industry. You will work collaboratively across Product, Technology, Operations, Legal, Compliance, Controllership and Expedia Group Channel Partners to ensure compliant eCommerce capability readiness powered by global payment solution providers. This role will report to the Director of Payments Strategic Partnerships.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Payment Industry Intelligence, Innovations and Trends
- Stay abreast of commercial, regulatory and innovative trends in the payment industry on a global front.
- Through close collaboration with the core Partner Management team, ensure our commercial payments business is benefitted from our partners’ expertise, capabilities and innovations.
Strategic Alignment with External Partners and Functional Authorities
- Drive strategic direction of commercialized payment solutions with the partner community through functional alignment with Expedia Group teams including Partner Management, Product Development and Operations, Treasury, Tax and Accounting as well as Legal, Privacy and Security Compliance Controllership.
- Serve as Expedia Group’s payments platform go-to-person for the commercial payments ecosystem of partners while in full alignment with the Partner Management team to ensure consistent enterprise level partner engagement model.
Define and Execute Partner Strategy
- Drive solution strategy on payment commercialization at region, processor, and payment method levels.
- Execute partner roadmap aligned with eCP’s commercial goals and priorities and influence partners on high-quality and timely delivery of prioritized initiatives.
Maximize Partner Performance – In collaboration with Partner Management, increase partner performance while optimizing financial benefits for eCP’s commercialized payments through:
- Transparent and effective business evaluations including QBRs and weekly checkpoints
- Conduct partner/vendor benchmarking via RFI/RFP and other solution sourcing methods
- Perform contract negotiations and monitor contract performance
- Executive-level communication and resolution for partner issues that have enterprise impact
- Establish important metrics to constantly find opportunities to optimize partner performance
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience in strategic vendor management with a history of forming partner relationships to drive significant results through new platform-based product launches
- Skilled in sourcing new solution providers and independently negotiating contracts, preferably in an eCommerce or IT services environment
- Payment or travel industry knowledge and execution experience with a solid understanding of economic drivers of each player in the industry value chain
- Expertise in payment processing models, compliance operations and fraud/risk management are a plus
You will fit this role if you have:
- Passion for Results: Maintain high standards for the individual, team and organizational accomplishment. Tenaciously work to meet or exceed challenging goals. Derive satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Communication and Influence Skills: Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicate in a focused and compelling way that draws and holds others’ attention. Create and execute influencing strategies that persuade key partners to take action towards advancing shared interests and business goals. Balance results with relationship.
- Analytical Skills: Secure and compare information from multiple sources to identify core issues. Commit to an action-plan after weighing alternative solutions against decision criteria. Enthusiastically and quickly make sense of complex issues. Respond effectively to complex and ambiguous situations.
- Eye for Business: Demonstrate a keen understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments and functions) that drive profitable growth. Draw from personal experience to quickly evaluate business plans and processes to identify data or recommendations that need further investigation.
- Decision Process: Use a factual approach to decision-making by systematically collecting valid and reliable data. Rely on the data rather than on emotions. Have the backbone to disagree and commit to the decisions towards better business outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or equivalent required; MBA from a premier program preferred
- Location: Bellevue, WA USA
WHY JOIN US
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
#LI-JA1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.