Sr Manager, Program Management
Expedia’s Global Payments team (EGP) powers the payment methods that Expedia Group offers to our customers and suppliers. This includes supporting 30 payment methods in 86 currencies, across over 150 countries for 21 Expedia Inc. brands with +200K suppliers. EGP technology and operations infrastructure handles +$60B dollars of payments annually.
This role is for a Sr. Manager of a Program Management team and will support a talented team of 6+ technical program managers. In this position, you will enable the team for faster delivery and quicker time to market, cross collaborating with several teams across Expedia Group. You will support multiple initiatives that include global expansion of payment methods, building a scalable payments platform, and optimizing a cost stream of hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Hire and develop top talent.
- Provide mentoring on all relevant competencies for the Program Managers in your own team and others as needed.
- Act as a catalyst to drive your staff's career development by providing actionable feedback, coaching and finding opportunities within and outside of your team.
- Drive your team to innovate and deliver roadmap features with agility and high quality.
- Ensure a set of development practices are followed to assure quality and long-term health of the services your team supports.
- Participate in reviews of all designs to make sure that they address failure modes, scalability, security and are suitable for tier 1 services.
- Work with the product and development team to deliver programs timely.
- Relationship Management along with stakeholder and leadership communication.
- 3+ years of management experience.
- 8+ years of hands-on Technical Program Management experience.
- Excellent communication, influencing and relationship building skills, with extensive experience of working with senior management.
- Experiences working cross-culturally and cross-functionally, and ability to adapt personal style to different environments
- Background in Service Oriented Architecture implementation along with program delivery experience
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical program management team, including performance management. A track record of developing your reports to meet their career goals.
- Self-motivated, able to deal with ambiguity, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines within short time constraints
- High degree of competency within all phases of program life cycle.
- Prior experience with e-Commerce systems, payments solutions and providers is a big plus.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.