Sr. Program Manager - Cyber Security
Do you like variety? Want to be involved in two of the hottest industries, Fraud and Information Security? The Enterprise Risk and Security team is seeking a results oriented Senior Program Manager with the ability to simultaneously lead the execution of multiple technical initiatives related to cyber security infrastructure, applications and other fraud and security protection efforts. You will have create relationships and influence for change to successfully deliver on commitments. You are highly comfortable leading diverse teams in a dynamic, agile environment while collaborating with business partners and technology across the organization.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s in management, computer science or engineering or an alternate degree and minimum of 7+ years’ experience in technology related program management
- Strong program planning skills with ability to structure large initiatives in effective and significant ways. Shown success leading a subject area and driving related activities as a program
- Demonstrated ability to independently make good decisions based on incomplete or imperfect information and apply insights from other areas to solve problems effectively. Effectively uses data to make appropriate decisions on trade-offs and prioritization
- Resilient and constructive when faced with change, able to shift approaches when needed in response to unexpected events and circumstances.
- Establishes credibility and rapport with Senior Executives and technical and non-technical team members. Able to comprehend and discuss technical concepts, influence decision makers and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Thrives under tight deadlines while being flexible and responding to changing business and technical conditions
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills; ability to see the “big picture” while also diving into details as necessary. Solid attention to detail.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with business partners and users to define program scope and required functionality
- Lead, develop, and coordinate requirements across multiple systems, processes and teams. Drive multiple initiatives with a similar focus area as a program to accomplish a central goal.
- Establish milestones and drive alignment to schedules using agile methodology. Build plans that consider potential obstacles and immediate and long-term consequences
- Identify risks and creatively resolve blocking issues with the team. Drive resolution on cross-team issues, scope changes, prioritization conflicts, resource constraints, and other impediments
- Drive implementation of large, enterprise-wide programs with tight deadlines that span multiple teams
- Clearly communicate program vision and status using appropriate media to maintain alignment
- Take risks and create short-term wins when perfect solutions are not possible
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.