Sr. Program Manager, Global Support Operations
Join the revolution! Avalara Inc., one of the fastest growing technology companies in the United States, is seeking a Sr. Program Manger, Global Support Operations with solid technical chops. We are pioneering technologies to make the complicated world of sales tax easier for our clients. Be part of a cutting edge technology company that is constantly striving to “wow” our customers through innovation and relentless focus on excellence.
As a Sr. program manager of support operations, you have the ultimate responsibility of supporting and continually improving scalable processes, programs, tooling and performance management analytics across the global support organization. You are responsible for ensuring these processes, programs, systems and tooling scale elegantly and effectively, unlocking our ability to support customer growth and satisfaction for our current products as well as ensure the global support organization is ready to support new and enhanced products ever more efficiently and cost effectively. You are self-motivated, have strong project and program management, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and professionally at all levels. You are highly collaborative, a trusted partner to the other Customer Experience business leaders as well as our Engineering, Product & Design teams, and excel in a fast-moving environment to meet business deadlines.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for operational readiness for Global Support Organization (GSO)
- Collaborate with service operations team members and global support leadership to develop, design, implement and ensure scalability of our support services, technology stack and delivery across our product services
- Monitor operations to identify and implement scalable solutions focused on reducing human dependencies and errors, always optimizing for long-term, scalable growth of program without sacrificing the customer experience
- Responsible for gathering, maintaining and representing operational requirements for internal systems, product development and process changes
- Support the Product Engineering lifecycle by providing operational insights at all relevant stages.
- Accountable for the readiness of support teams – this includes ensuring that internal documentation or resources for employee support is ready and that service delivery is ready
- Ensures process and operating procedure documentation is effective and in place at all times for business continuity
- Collaborate with our Knowledge and Learning team and Global Support leadership to create resources, leverage best practices and design scalable solutions for ensuring informed and technically knowledgeable support agents
- Perform escalation triage, root cause and resolution, for major product incidents enabling teams to navigate problems
- Analyze, report and engage with stakeholders on operational and customer data to prioritize and act on opportunities for improvement
- Drive special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- Deep product/service knowledge and collaboration skills
- 7-10 years of Program management experience
- Ability to influence staff without direct reporting authority
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytic skills and results driven
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Experience using salesforce.com
- Past experience operating in customer success or service teams
- At least 5 years’ experience in SaaS technology company in a program management or similar capacity
- PMP or Prince2 Certification a plus
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.