Sr. Program Manager at Blue Nile
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
Blue Nile embraces a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success.
Blue Nile is a successful and growing company, started in 1999 and now the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our corporate offices are located in Seattle’s vibrant Pioneer Square district, home to the latest wave of internet startups and packed with restaurants and entertainment including CenturyLink and Safeco fields. We are close to transportation, the waterfront, and parks. Our dress code favors jeans and our facilities include bike racks and showers.
The Sr. Program Manager is responsible for the delivery of complex, or enterprise wide projects and programs on time, on budget, meeting stakeholder objectives. Projects may span merchandise, finance, operations creative services, and more.
- Lead and direct matrixed project cross functional teams to deliver projects on time, budget and scope.
- Develop and actively manage project plans, charters, schedules, risks, budgets and resources to deliver required results.
- Reporting on project status, risks, decisions, health, and corrective measures.
- Contribute updates to the enterprise project dashboard on KPIs, metrics.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, foster open communications on teams and across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple efforts and negotiate competing priorities
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, creativity
- Thorough knowledge of SDLC; familiar with agile development methodology
- Application of industry based project management and systems development methodologies and tools
- Ability to lead through ambiguity in a fast paced environment
- Ability to establish confidence and credibility with senior level IT leaders and executive stakeholders
- 6+ years of project management experience leading complex projects and teams
- Proven and substantial experience delivering large development or technology projects in a matrixed organization
- Bachelor’s degree required; Computer Science degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in product management or program management in an Agile environment
- 2+ years consumer web or mobile products preferred
- Experience with AB testing
- Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices & identify what truly matters
- Data driven
- High energy and a positive outlook with the passion to make things better at every opportunity
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount