Sr. Program Manager
Join the revolution! Avalara Inc., is seeking one a Senior Program Manager.
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is a leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
Job Summary: We are pioneering technologies to make the complicated world of sales tax easier for our clients. Be part of a cutting edge technology company that is constantly striving to “wow” our customers through innovation and relentless focus on excellence.
Join the Engineering Operations tea as a program manager to drive the engineering process and deliver amazing value to the customer.
- Oversee complex and/or large-scale projects from initiation to completion.
- Responsible for driving RCAPA process improvements and accountability.
- Build common SDLC process to increase efficiency and consistency across 15 product development teams.
- Partner closely with Product Management to review charter proposals and access ROI.
- Manage Engineering wide ROI analysis and cost expenditures to plan.
- Communicate and operate in a matrix environment, collaborating closely with operational roles, IT and other groups to manage critical projects on time and budget and to a high level of quality.
- Work closely with stakeholders, senior management, and outside organizations on project progress and communicate issues and risks and mitigation strategies.
- Drive and execute on broad, complex initiatives across product lines, providing program governance and oversight.
- Establish and drive to program and/or project milestones and deliverables.
- Create and manage to overall project budget / forecast.
- Develop change management processes to drive improvements in NPS and eNPS.
- Help develop and maintain scorecards and dashboards.
- Track and improve program specific KPI’s.
- Communicate with offshore engineering employees to ensure successful completion of Planning and Production needs and adherence to processes.
- Mentors and coaches project team members as appropriate
- 7-10 years of Technical/Project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other related field
- Ability to influence staff without direct reporting authority
- Deep program and project management skills
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- 2 years of software development experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in SaaS technology company in a program management or similar capacity
- Project Management Professional Certification a plus
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.