As Discovery’s portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
This position is to lead various projects and assist with program management of InfoSec’s Product Security Program. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Program Manager, this role will directly assist the Sr. Director, Product Security and provide assistance in operations, strategic planning, and monitor and report progress against the plan. This individual helps in determining the priorities and strategic approach for the Product Security team and leads initiatives that support the Strategic Plan through work that they help implement.
This role will work closely with IT Infrastructure, Digital Product Development, and InfoSec SMEs to coordinate the planning, scheduling, and testing of projects, programs, and training. The candidate will be expected to employ strong technical and organizational skills to coordinate requirements and deliverables with the customer; document best practices; schedule and prioritize tasks; gather inputs and prepare documentation or briefings for/from technical review meetings.
1. Coordinate and manage Product Security team projects and activities, ensuring execution and optimization to meet strategic goals on schedule, and within budget. Includes right-sizing sprints, prioritizing backlog, managing against external timelines, optimizing workflow, and monitoring and delivering performance metrics.
2. Establish standards and procedures for sprint and project reporting and documentation, drive maturity in adoption of agile development process within the InfoSec team.
3. Collaborate effectively with multiple levels and facets of internal business teams around strategy planning and development. Building and maintaining strong relationships with individuals and cross functional teams is essential.
4. Provide support such as technical writing and editing of documents and presentations, integration of various sources of information into a cohesive product which may be delivered globally, preparation of graphical and narrative presentation materials, and establishing product formats and layouts for internal and external use.
* Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, Project Management or related field
* 7+ years of Information Technology Project delivery experience in a high tech, fast paced environment
* Experience effectively managing multiple, concurrent security/technology projects involving cross-functional groups
* Excellent decision-making, consensus building and conflict management skills. Must be able to communicate and act upon risks appropriately, exhibiting appropriate levels of urgency.
* Strong analytical and communication skills, and a risk mitigation mindset.
* Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), CISM, CISA or CISSP certifications
* Proficiency in Google Suite, Atlassian (Jira, Confluence), and Microsoft Suite of tools, Microsoft Project, Excel, Visio, Word, SharePoint, etc.
* Financial management and ROI analytical skills. Strong understanding of budgets
* Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle, product development, and comfort with related technical concepts and terminology. Software development background a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States