Sr. Project Manager, Technology at Expedia Group
Do you have a passion for travel and e-Commerce? Do you have a passion for operating globally in a high growth, energizing environment? Expedia’s eCommerce Platform (eCP) team has an opening for a Senior Program Manager as part of our Financial Systems and Core Transactional Services (FCTS) team. The online travel market is a $2 trillion industry that never stands still. This 400 person organization operating between Expedia’s Global Brands, Supply Offerings, and Finance Teams, is the transactional heartbeat of Expedia Inc. FCTS is composed of two key platform components – Financial Systems, primarily based on the Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS); and the Core Transaction Platform that comprises Order and Fulfillment Orchestration, Trip Management, and Incentive Services. Through our technology and operations infrastructure, we handle billions of dollars of bookings, collections, and payments every month. This is a high-visibility role leading large-scale brand and enterprise initiatives on behalf of eCP and FCTS.
What you’ll do:
- You will independently lead technology projects to support business objectives using our Financial System Platform
- You will Support senior stakeholder management, engagement, alignment and active sponsorship critical for program success - including clearly communicating status, risks and remediation plans to executive stakeholders. Resolve issues that arise across projects, keeping in mind impacts to the program timelines and to other programs/projects.
- You will coordinate work performed by technical staff, internal customers, and partners.
- You will develop project milestones working with engineering teams to align priorities to ensure delivery against your project(s) along with progress tracking, change control, and on-time delivery.
- Handle Complexity: able to work effectively in a complex, diverse, changing environment. Adapts well to and is energized by change whilst maintaining focus on key business goals and personal objectives
- People Management: Can effectively motivate and run a group of people to achieve the desired result. Innovation: Adopts creativity, innovation and is open to new ideas
- Personal Effectiveness: Produces extraordinary results both professionally and personally by being dedicated and committed. Work well within diverse teams and focus on building strong team relationship
- Relationship building: Establish effective relationships through positive communication that motivates and influences others
- Strategy / Planning: Understands the needs and direction of the business, anticipating and developing business priorities to meet these. Embraces change and drives to improve current working practices / products/ technologies to grow the business
Who you are:
- 8+ years of program management experience in broad technology and business areas with Oracle EBS or other ERP experience being highly preferred. Scrum Master experience a plus.
- Business, financial, and accounting acumen a must
- Familiar with different software development lifecycle models, including Agile, and experience with leading all functions within a project (analysis, design, test, implementation and acceptance)
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects of different sizes
- Good awareness of both established and emerging technologies relevant to high-volume websites
- Experience working on projects with geographically distributed teams and vendors
- Possess global implementation expertise in implementations and solution architecture in a global environment
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to balance tactical objectives of speed, simplicity and agility with broader scope and long-range strategic objectives
- Energy and desire to thrive in a fast-paced organization
- Deep knowledge of e-commerce technology, financial systems software such as Oracle’s E-Business Suite, and operational business processes
- Strong partner engagement and presentation skills are a requirement
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-MS1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.