Sr Technical Program Manager (TPM) at Expedia Group
Do you have a passion for travel and building e-commerce platforms that touch millions of customers around the world? Do you have a passion for operating globally in a high growth, dynamic environment? In systems that transact in excess of $72 BILLION/year, fault tolerance, resilience and automated reaction time to failures are not luxuries but clearly prerequisites. Understanding an leveraging the data collected is critical to the growth and viability of the company.
We are looking for a highly talented Technical Project Manager to work with our cross functional team. She/he will dig in and work with teams to drive innovation and performance in systems that are key to the success of the company every day.
Who you are:
- Strong program planning skills with ability to structure large initiatives in effective and significant ways. Demonstrated success leading a subject area and driving related activities as a program
- Demonstrated ability to independently make good decisions based on incomplete or imperfect information and apply insights from other areas to solve problems effectively. Effectively uses data to make appropriate decisions on trade-offs and prioritization
- Resilient and constructive when faced with change, able to shift approaches when needed in response to unexpected events and circumstances.
- Establishes credibility and rapport with Senior Executives and technical and non-technical team members. Able to comprehend and discuss technical concepts, influence decision makers and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Thrives under tight deadlines while being flexible and responding to changing business and technical conditions
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills; ability to see the “big picture” while also diving into details as necessary. Solid attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s in management, computer science or engineering or an alternate degree and minimum of 7+ years’ experience in technology related program management
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with business partners and users to define program scope and required functionality
- Lead, develop, and coordinate requirements across multiple systems, processes and teams. Drive multiple initiatives with a similar focus area as a program to accomplish a central goal.
- Establish milestones and drive alignment to schedules using agile methodology. Build plans that consider potential obstacles and immediate and long-term consequences
- Identify risks and creatively resolve blocking issues with the team. Drive resolution on cross-team issues, scope changes, prioritization conflicts, resource constraints, and other impediments
- Drive implementation of large, enterprise-wide programs with tight deadlines that span multiple teams
- Clearly communicate program vision and status using appropriate media to maintain alignment
- Take risks and create short-term wins when perfect solutions are not possible