Staff Technical Program Manager at ServiceNow
This position requires the Public Trust Position (PTP) Tier 2 Level suitability adjudication. If offered employment, you must be willing to complete and successfully pass the adjudication process. Any employment is contingent upon obtaining the required adjudication.
Organization: Infrastructure Cloud Services
Join the hottest name in enterprise software today! ServiceNow, the fastest growing publicly held SaaS and Cloud Company, is transforming and reinventing the way large corporations are managing their processes by developing and delivering a comprehensive suite of cloud-based services for enterprise management.
Service Now’s Cloud Services Program Management team is responsible for program delivery across our cloud environment, touching all elements of the cloud infrastructure. Program scope includes green field site delivery, site expansion, large scale network build and migrations, core infrastructure services design, and deployment. The team is a key partner to the hardware architecture and product development teams and are an integral part of the Cloud Security organization.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience and service availability. We need someone who is uncompromising in delivery of high quality, scalable, and sustainable solutions. The successful candidate will have experience managing teams and exemplary program management skills. This role requires a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills; we are looking for someone who embraces new challenges, is innovative, and is a great team player. We like to have fun while we work, this person should too.
As the Sr. Program Manager, you will be responsible for driving large, highly visible programs for our Cloud Engineering organization. As a key partner to our architecture and engineering teams, you will develop and maintain strong partnerships with stakeholders, technical leaders, and business owners to deliver on strategic organizational initiatives.
- Develop overall program plans; definition and agreement on scope, success criteria, key milestones, and deliverables.
- Determine key dependencies; technical, process, and people.
- Identify and mitigate risks throughout the schedule.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities required to deliver a great solution on time
- Facilitate meetings and deliver crisp status updates to all stakeholders
- Ensure operational readiness for the technology
- Develop business readiness plans including training and support documentation and artefacts
- Manage external dependencies and logistics
- Provide leadership by example. Develop and share best practices across the team.
The ideal candidate will have understanding of the components of a cloud infrastructure including hardware platforms, OS, applications, databases, networks, web, and application servers. Prior experience in managing programs around large-scale server infrastructure at a cloud computing or MSP setting is highly desirable. Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in an open, collaborative, dynamic team environment.
- 5+ years’ project/program management with at least 4 years dedicated to running large engineering programs
- At least 3 years of pure technical experience such as programming, systems administration, hardware/software, networking, or DBA experience
- Working knowledge of hardware and storage platforms, networking technologies, datacenter power distribution systems and capacity planning
- Familiarity with networking technologies such as routing, switching, and load balancing is a plus
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (CS), or related field
- Experience is delivering large scale security programs
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
- Superior communications and presentation skill
- Strong customer orientation
- Ability to make decisions independently
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Excellent leadership and proven people skills
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.