This position requires the Public Trust Position (PTP) Tier 2 Level suitability adjudication. If offered employment, you must be willing to complete and successfully pass the adjudication process. Any employment is contingent upon obtaining the required adjudication.
Organization: Infrastructure Cloud Services
Join the hottest name in enterprise software today! ServiceNow, the fastest growing publicly held SaaS and Cloud Company, is transforming and reinventing the way large corporations and governments are managing their processes by developing and delivering a comprehensive suite of cloud-based services for enterprise management.
ServiceNow’s Cloud Services Program Management team is responsible for program delivery across our cloud environment, touching all elements of the cloud infrastructure. The scope of programs include green field site delivery, site expansion, large scale network build and migrations, core infrastructure services design, and deployment. The team is a key partner to the hardware architecture and product development teams and are an integral part of the cloud security organization.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience and service availability. We need someone who is uncompromising in delivery of high quality, scalable, and sustainable solutions. The successful candidate will have experience managing cross-functional teams and exemplary program management skills. This role requires a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills; we are looking for someone who embraces new challenges, is innovative, and is a great team player. We like to have fun while we work, this person should too.
As the Sr. Program Manager, you will be responsible for driving large, highly visible programs for our Cloud Engineering organization. As a key partner to our architecture and engineering teams, you will develop and maintain strong partnerships with stakeholders, technical leaders, and business owners to deliver on strategic organizational initiatives. And you will work collaboratively to help shape our vision, strategy, and roadmap for ServiceNow’s government customer segments.
- Develop program plans; define and obtain agreement on scope, success criteria, key milestones, priorities, and deliverables. Take ownership for protecting the project/program investments you are managing.
- Determine and manage the alignment of internal and external dependencies; technical, procedural, within scheduled and between teams and people. Understand stakeholder needs and manage expectations
- Identify, track and mitigate risks to protect schedules and objectives
- Host and/or lead meetings with all relevant stakeholders to reach decisions, and deliver crisp status updates to all stakeholders
- Ensure operational readiness for the technology
- Develop business readiness plans including training and supports documentation and artifacts
- Lead post-implementation reviews and drive continual process improvements, applying the principles of Lean thinking.
- Provide leadership by example. Develop and share best practices across the team.
Requirements (Desired Skills/Experience)
The ideal candidate will have understanding of the components of a cloud infrastructure including hardware platforms, OS, applications, databases, networks, web, and application servers. Prior experience in managing programs around large-scale server infrastructure at a cloud computing or MSP setting is highly desirable. Candidate must have great communication skills and work well in an open, collaborative, dynamic team environment.
- 5+ years’ project/program management running large engineering programs. Experience delivering large scale security/compliance programs a plus.
- 3+ years of experience working on process improvements and operational excellence projects.
- 3+ years of pure technical experience such as programming, systems administration, hardware/software, networking, or DBA experience
- Working knowledge of hardware and storage platforms, networking technologies, datacenter power distribution systems and capacity planning
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (CS), or related field
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
- Superior communications and presentation skill
- The ability to identify high leverage activities. And the discipline to keep teams focused on those activities.
- Strong customer orientation
- Self-directed and proactive driver with the ability to operate autonomously
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Excellent leadership and proven people skills
- PMP and/or Agile certifications
- Strong working knowledge of MS Project and/or other project planning tools
- Experience working with US Federal (DISA, FedRAMP, etc.) agencies and compliance requirements.
- Experience in a Release Management and/or Product Management role.
- Six Sigma and/or Lean Six Sigma certifications.
- Experience with SaaS products
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.