Staff Technical Program Manager at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Service Now's Global Cloud Services Program Management team is responsible for end-to-end program delivery across our cloud environment, touching all technical elements of the cloud infrastructure. As a Technical Program Manager, you will operationalize platform and database features working across a wide range of cross-functional technical engineering organizations managing highly interdependent and ambiguous requirements, providing direction, judgment, and leadership that results in optimal outcomes for ServiceNow and its customers. Behind everything our customers see online is the architecture built by the Global Cloud Services team to keep it up and running, ensuring the best optimal experience possible.
As a Technical Program Manager at ServiceNow, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal stakeholders and deliver projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing technical requirements, work breakdown structures, proactively managing ambiguity, risks and collaborating with stakeholders to drive projects to completion. You are able to discuss the technical trade-offs in low latency, highly efficient, highly available infrastructure capabilities with engineers as you are at explaining your team's analysis and recommendations to executives. You are able to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique platform or database engineering challenges we face daily. Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes, and enabling engineering and operations teams for success.
What you get to do in this role:
You will be responsible for driving large, highly visible platform and database programs for our Global Cloud Services organization.
- Assess and manage platform and database feature changes to our cloud infrastructure automations
- Assists with communications and reporting of infrastructure/instance automation testing/evaluation results.
- Generates documentation for overall project plans; definition and agreement on scope, success criteria, key milestones, deliverables and recommendation solutions to reliability challenges. Excels at leading/facilitating meetings, enabling common understanding of issues and sharing out comprehensive notes to enable alignment and progress at each step in the projects.
- Proactively mitigates risks across key systems, processes and technical dependencies, and drives corrective actions across partner engineering teams. Brings cross teams together to collaborate on outcomes.
- Takes ownership of ambiguous tasks and project dependencies and drive them to completion
- Facilitate meetings and deliver crisp status updates to all stakeholders
- Ensure operational readiness for the technology
- Provide leadership by example. Develop and share best practices across the team.
To be successful in this role you have:
The ideal candidate will have understanding of enterprise systems, cloud instance automations and/or database architectures. Prior experience in managing cloud automations at scale at a cloud computing or MSP setting is highly desirable. Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in an open, collaborative, dynamic team environment.
- 4+ years' project/program management with at least 2 years dedicated to running enterprise scale cloud engineering programs
- Working knowledge of MariaDB, Postgres, Java, instance automations.
- Some technical experience such as systems administration, SRE, or DBA experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science (CS), or related field
- Strong problem-solving skills using analytical and data-driven approach
- Strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly through oral and written communications; Ability to present clear and concise information to team, internal and external audiences. Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Excellent leadership and proven people skills
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.