Strategic Initiatives Manager
Egencia is Expedia Group’s business travel company. In the same spirit, we are pioneers in the industry. Always solutions oriented, we value human contact. Egencia's teams collaborate globally to provide business travelers with the best possible user experience every single day.
As the Manager, Strategic Initiatives within Egencia’s supply team, you will be a part of the team responsible both for creating, developing and managing Egencia’s direction for all Supply lines of business and new business initiatives, as well as aligning key partners from other teams/functions across Egencia and Expedia Group. In this role, you will be responsible for driving revenue enhancement and strategic growth opportunities via analytic research and business development initiatives. You will be expected to use analytical approach to drive strategic vision and global change in the business.
You will work actively across the global organization to research and provide insights, develop action plans, and track overall progress of these key initiatives. There will be regular and frequent interaction with senior leadership across the organization. You will maintain strong alignment and partnerships with key departments and businesses to ensure that the overall strategies and activities are well planned, understood, communicated and effectively executed.
What you’ll do
- Identifying, defining and developing key strategic initiatives for Egencia Supply Org.
- Act as project lead for these initiatives, designing and executing on these initiatives with the collaboration of cross-functional teams.
- Structure and execute strategic initiatives by gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses, and developing final recommendations.
- Perform systematic industry research and analysis to highlight trends and competitive dynamics.
- Conduct analysis to prioritize scarce resources in light of strategic initiatives.
- Assess complex new business development opportunities and design go-to-market plans.
- Develop detailed financial models and valuation scenarios for strategic initiatives, potential business development and partnership opportunities.
- Support contractual negotiations with key suppliers to ensure we use supplier relationships to drive value to all partners.
- Understand customer needs and identify unmet (or emerging) needs.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree required and MBA (or equivalent advanced degree) from reputed institution preferred
- TMC, OTA and/or consulting experience strongly preferred
- Track-record developing and implementing strategies and business development opportunities and delivering business results
- Excellent project management skills
- Track-record of working with various, cross-functional, internal and external groups to deliver meaningful results
- Demonstrated experience handling multiple projects simultaneously and driving them to completion
- Excellent interpersonal skills (externally and internally at all levels) and demonstrated ability to work across and influence a large, complex, highly matrixed organization
- Excellent analytical skills, including data and financial analysis, quantitative and qualitative research and statistics skills
- Experience creating presentations for and presenting to senior leadership
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change within a fast paced environment
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and demonstrated experience in modeling, analysis, research and presentation creation
- Working knowledge of various data analysis and reporting tools (e.g. Business Objects or similar business intelligence tools, SQL etc.)
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia Group is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.