Strategic Procurement Manager, Assets at Convoy
!Sorry, this job was removed at 1:53 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, December 19, 2019
About the role
As a Senior Vendor Manager for the Convoy Go team, you will be responsible for accelerating Convoy’s trailer growth by working closely with our vendor partners, as well as developing and executing a strategy to own & manage trailers. By navigating business constraints, creating budgets, and working closely with our partners, you will drive one of Convoy’s fastest growing business units. Some of the key responsibilities of the role will be:
- Vendor Selection and vendor management through relationship with different providers regarding transportation assets (Leasing companies, manufacturers, insurance providers, sensor providers, maintenance providers, etc)
- Procurement strategy: Define and propose the right mix of vendor, terms, and types of equipment managing tradeoffs between flexibility and cost.
- Procurement execution: Manage the day to day of the business, ordering equipment based on future business needs and managing the rhythm of asset growth.
- Manage cross functional projects with operations/business teams/finance etc to drive improvements in trailer operations (eg implementation of new sensor technology)
About Convoy Go
Convoy Go is a drop & hook marketplace that allows any carrier or owner-operator in the U.S. to start hauling pre-loaded trailers -- and to operate at the same level as large asset-based carriers. Drop & hook shipments (pre-loaded trailers) currently represent the majority of Fortune 500 company shipments. To date, most of these shipments have been serviced by large asset-based carriers. Convoy Go enables any carrier or owner-operator in the U.S. using the Convoy app to operate at the same level as large asset-based carriers, in terms of fleet utilization, service levels and access to shipments. With its drop & hook marketplace, Convoy Go creates a seamless “grab and go” system, where carriers simply bring their power unit (a truck’s engine and cab), pick up a pre-loaded trailer, and hit the road. To accomplish this, Convoy Go leverages its Universal Trailer Pool, a nationwide pool of Convoy-managed trailers that can be used by any driver in Convoy’s network, with no rental fees. Learn more about Convoy Go here.
- Lead: Driving the vision, urgency, and impact of a key Convoy initiative - you are able to own and drive multiple programs and vendor relationships to drive the strategy and execution of this key business unit.
- Just do it attitude: You have strong operational mindedness and can drive concrete programs and an ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team.
- Communications: You have excellent written and oral communication skills. You clearly communicate goals, issues, and status to all stakeholders and partners - both internal and external.
- Judgment: You can assess costs, benefits, and risks to your programs. You can identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
- Influence: You drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Fluency with data: You love working with numbers and can draw insights and actions from them, unlocking both incremental and large operational improvements. Excel, SQL and/or similar data analysis experience
- 5-7 years of experience at top tier consulting firm, tech company, fortune 500, or logistics company.
- Experience managing external vendors from engagement and negotiation through ongoing vendor management, including contract negotiations.
- Experience with asset management preferred.
- Project management, program, or product management experience preferred.
- Superior organizational and time management skills; Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong experience building and growing internal and external relationships.
- Strong experience with setting and meeting metrics and goals.
- Ability to adapt well to a fast-paced environment with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
- Ability to identify and communicate problems and create scalable solutions quickly to resolve the issues.
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health & Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals twice a week, and fully stocked fridges, pantries, and espresso machines to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description