Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon Public Safety Canada is searching for a Strategic Project Manager with one of the leading companies in smart weapons, digital evidence management hardware and advanced software /SaaS solutions for law enforcement and public safety agencies on a national and global level.
The Strategic Project Manager will be responsible for working directly under the Professional Services Device Team and will be tasked with the management and delivery of various aspects of the Axon Network including digital evidence management tools such as mobile apps, in-car, interview room and body camera as well as conductive energy weapon focused projects to a successful completion.
This role will be an integral part in the deployment of technical solutions and business processes to a wide range of Law Enforcement and public safety clients across Canada.
The Strategic Project Manager must have outstanding project management and leadership skills; a good understanding of Axon products, information technology/management concepts and processes; and the ability to work with both business and IT leaders to support the deployment of complex technical solutions within business timelines.
This is a remote opportunity in Canada.
Your Day to Day
- Manages aspects of complex enterprise-grade product deployments
- Oversees project-level change management activities in conjunction with client partners and internal stakeholders
- Ensures project milestones and deadlines are met and associated documentation supports customer acceptance for purposes of revenue recognition
- Works closely with business and IT leaders to define the vision, scope and delivery timelines for project deliverables
- Participates in the definition of project scope and objectives through research and fact finding
- Supports work estimation process in support of project planning activities
- Operates with a sense of urgency, accuracy, and detail-orientation, while maintaining consistent lines of communication with all teams involved in each project
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Information Systems, or applicable Technical Engineering (Computer Science, Software Engineering, Software Development)
- 5+ Years of Project Management Experience
- Experience utilizing technical project management tracking tools to ensure project tracking, completion
- Experience delivering and/or managing device deployment, Infrastructure or Enterprise Applications projects
- 50%+ Travel Required
- Ability to work strategically in a fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines (Agile)
- Ability to effectively manage and handle multiple congruent/ simultaneous projects at the same time
- Successful background managing advance enterprise-level and/or multi-departmental projects to completion
- Strong communication, organization, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- PMP Certification or Equivalent
- 1-3 years of professional experience working with current Axon product lines with applicable experience leading projects or programs
- French language skills
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.