Strategic Sourcing Manager
Pivotal Commware is the inventor of Holographic Beam Forming® (HBF), a patented breakthrough in electromagnetic physics that enables its Software Defined Antennas to harness, shape and direct radio waves so mobile carriers can maximize capacity, coverage and throughput on demand. HBF offers order-of-magnitude advantages over legacy beamforming systems in Cost, Size, Weight and Power consumption (C-SWaP) and is recognized as an essential element in the 5G ecosystem. 5G leadership is pivotal to the US economy, and 5G is Pivotal.
We are currently hiring a Strategic Sourcing Manager to join our team. In this role, you would develop sourcing plans to ensure a robust and competitive supply base for all common commodities. You will have the opportunity to work closely with Program management, Engineering, and NPI groups to ensure appropriate supply base is engaged and assists in negotiation of pricing and lead times for materials, components, equipment, supplies and services necessary for the company.
We are looking for someone to exercise good working knowledge of goods, services and sources to ensure on-time delivery and purchases at prices consistent with quality and quantity requirements. You would also develop key supplier relationships to support collaborative and partnering initiatives.
· Take overall responsibility for the strategic sourcing management goals of the company and implement action items to ensure that those goals are achieved
· Develop and implement sourcing and supplier selection strategy
· Responsible for negotiations for best possible cost service guarantee and develop strategies that develop sustainable relationships with suppliers
· Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry best practices
· Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers
· Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities
· Under the Direction of the Director of Supply Chain, lead general sourcing initiatives and identify the most cost and service effective sources for materials.
· Continuously evaluate Procurement department procedures and make recommendations to improve efficiency and workflow.
· 6+ years of Production Planning, Purchasing, and/or Procurement roles.
· Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University (Business, Supply Chain, or Technical preferred).
· Experience working with contract manufacturing vendors
· Strong preference for some international sourcing experience
· Strongly prefer some plastic part/component sourcing experience
· Ability to manage projects and establish clear goals and accountabilities to ensure successful delivery
· Knowledge of the legal terminology and language related to supplier and/or vendor agreements and contracts
· APICS/ISM (CPSM)/Supply Chain certification preferred.
· You possess excellent negotiation skills. You are able to successfully negotiate with vendors to achieve desired results.
· You communicate in a professional, efficient manner at all levels of the company and portray a positive and professional image.
· You are an influencer – you know when to use discretion and tact, while knowing when to push to drive results.
· You possess strong attention to detail.
· You possess good communication skills and have the ability to build cross functional relationships in the organization. You communicate issues and roadblocks effectively.
· You are a nimble, adaptive, “roll up the sleeves” employee who is flexible and resilient that enjoys working in a startup environment. You are flexible and able to function comfortably in a fast paced, constantly changing and ambiguous environment.
Pivotal was named among Washington’s Top 100 Places to Work in 2018 & 2019 and has attracted $40M in investment. At Pivotal you’ll join a team experienced in advanced communications, commercial antennas, RF circuit design, machine learning and active/nonlinear metamaterials. If you want to apply yourself to this fascinating endeavor, then we’d like to hear from you!
APPLY NOW or learn more about us and HBF at PivotalCommware.com
Pivotal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Read Full Job Description