Strategic Sourcing Manager at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:34 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers, for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for establishing and executing sourcing strategy in support of all business groups within a fast paced software organization.
Job Title: Strategic Sourcing Manager
Reports to: Director of Procurement
Job Location: Open to US Remote work although the Bellevue, WA area is strongly preferred.
- Develop and support positive business relationships with all internal stakeholder groups, including business partners, Finance, Legal, Compliance and IT.
- Identify value/savings opportunities, process and service enhancements. Design and implement standard processes and deploy best practices across departments.
- Develop and execute standard supplier agreements and relevant addendums, supplier management best practices, category strategies, and sourcing policies.
- Support and proliferate strategic sourcing best practices including driving supplier segmentation, scorecarding, and facilitating strategic business reviews in collaboration with business partners.
- Manage and drive the RFx process on behalf of multiple business lines.
- Daily sourcing activities including contract negotiation, execution, and supplier management.
- Develop relationships with strategic suppliers to ensure focus on achieving mutual goals, continued plans and investment to keep pace with Auth0’s growing needs and ability to scale to support our changing requirements.
- Use business intelligence and analytics to negotiate and determine supplier selection and supplier solution ROI.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Confident in managing and executing procurement projects from start to finish with little or no supervision.
- Proven ability to work in dynamic and fast-paced environments, balancing multiple priorities and volume.
- Excellent negotiation skills, with a demonstrable track record of high performance in sourcing activities.
- Strong communication skills. Highly effective written and verbal communicator.
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively with team members, business partners and external suppliers.
- Familiarity in building cost models, business cases, and driving data based decision making.
- Experience building Category Strategies, and Negotiation Plans for complex and strategic engagements.
- Specific experience in managing sourcing activities in the following categories is a plus: Software/Technology, Professional Services/Consulting, Marketing, Corporate meetings and events, and/or meetings industry experience, Real Estate, and HR/RecruitingAbility to drive innovation and continuous improvement discussions with both internal stakeholders and the preferred supply base.
- Experience in managing complex cross functional sourcing engagements.
- Strong team player.
- 5+ years of procurement experience within a fast paced technology company.
- Sourcing experiences must include: demonstrated success in developing and executing sourcing activities, category management in a minimum of one spend category.
- Experience with Category Management tools and managing multiple spend categories is a strong plus.
- A University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Finance or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Project Management certification is preferred.
- #US; #BV
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description