Technical Community Manager
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 2.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!
The mission of the Community Manager (CM) is to partner with the Community Lead with the goal to build, grow and maintain a Community for Developers interested in Auth0 products. The role of the CM as part of that mission is to provide a great experience to developers participating in the Forum/Community by means of excellent and quick forum discussions, as well as to interact, oversee and motivate forum participants from a technical perspective.
As a CM, not only will you help developers integrate Auth0 into their solutions, but you will also be shaping how Auth0 is perceived by the developer community.
- Interact with developers around the world to help them integrate Auth0 into their products and solve technical issues they run into, mainly through the forum by answering questions not covered by the community directly.
- Advocate for the developer in bringing their feedback and experience to help improve our product.
- Own the community interaction with developers discussing their implementation of Auth0 products and services by participating directly in the forum, gaining insights, gathering feedback, etc.
- Detect valuable patterns for the rest of the company from the forum questions (e.g., valuable docs to produce, etc.).
- Partner closely with the Community Lead to provide technical advisory to the initiatives around the community.
- Participate in local communities by representing Auth0’s products, services, and developer experience.
- Build proof of concept and sample applications.
- Innovate on how relationships are built with the community.
- Provide innovative, state-of-the-art ideas to optimize our processes, tools, etc. and ultimately, our users’ experience.
- Mentor new team members.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, fast researcher, and hungry to improve technical skills.
- Love to code and solve technical issues varying in complexity and technology.
- Good at empathizing with developers and have experience with troubleshooting environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English) and passionate about talking to developers.
- Enjoy writing and teaching, capable of explaining complex concepts in easy-to-understand language.
- Have experience with dealing with a forum and are comfortable with a remote working environment.
- Love to contribute to the open source community.
- Proven experience working or participating in a developer community.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience with OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect.
- Experience moderating a forum.
- Fluent communication in languages other than English and Spanish.
- GMT-Americas; GMT-TOLA-US; GMT- Mid-Atlantic-US; GMT-CA; GMT-NE-U; GMT-West-US; (GMT-Remote);
This is a great position to work from your home as Auth0 is a remote-friendly work environment. If you are located in London, Buenos Aires, Sydney, or Bellevue, you will have the chance to work in our offices. Benefits vary by location.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description