Technical Delivery Manager at OpenMarket
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team, so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
About the Role
As a Technical Delivery Manager you will drive continuous improvement and apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques to deliver services and solutions of value. The Technical Delivery Manager is a servant leadership role with responsibility across three key areas: agile & lean practices, team health & happiness, and delivery support. The Scrum Master role as defined in the Scrum Guide is a subset of this broader product delivery role.
Skilled at building trust, managing team dynamics and motivating people with the technical chops to “talk the talk”, a good Technical Delivery Manager knows that a happy team will produce the most amazing work.
What You'll Be Doing
Agile delivery management for a product squad working on API messaging platforms reliably delivering ~ 3 billion messages per month to more than 200 countries:
Feature delivery on a mix of monolithic applications and micro-services with message data analysis and message flow orchestration:
- JVM applications deployed at scale across a global multi-regional data center configuration.
- Java is the dominating programming language, with Python close behind.
- Open-source software e.g. Hadoop, Druid, Netty, ZooKeeper, Kafka, Giraph and more.
Drive a new platform evolution supporting elasticity supporting significant message volume growth across multiple messaging channels:
- Supporting cloud-native micro-services and an “API-everything” architecture.
- Serverless and multi-cloud will be a part of our future platform.
- Micro-front ends web with responsive, mobile first design plus native mobile app development.
- User-centered design test driven development, CI/CD and DevSecOps best practices.
What to Bring
- 5+ years of experience in Agile product delivery in a technical engineering environment.
- Deep understanding of Agile and Lean Practices. Can take the lead on a range of Agile techniques; establishing tribe level feedback loops, ability to coach techniques across squads and ensure standard methodologies are iterated to achieve effective delivery.
- Core competence of professional software engineering practices & standard methodologies for the full software development process, including service orientated architecture, product development, design systems, build processes and release models.
- Proven ability to solve issues and remove impediments or obstacles. Engage in risk mitigation for the entire software development process to streamline squad delivery commitments.
- Ability to clearly communicate high level strategy and technical details effectively across organizational disciplines, technical and political boundaries. Can advocate and clearly articulate a squad’s mission creating trust and authenticity.
- Strong focus on successful business outcomes delivering value. Able to challenge and improve organizational processes impacting pace of the team. Able to identify what works best for the team and when to utilize certain processes. Able to influence and make positive changes to the organization.
- As a product advocate, take a continuous approach to planning, forecasting, estimating, managing uncertainty, metrics and measurements.
- Naturally exhibit leadership/mentor traits by influencing and motivating the team while facilitating conflict resolution. Foster an open and collaborative environment to work in, be flexible, adaptable and have a willingness to learn.
Nice to Have
- Rich experience in delivering data systems.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree field.
- Kanban, scrum, lean or other agile training and/or certifications.
You'll Be a Great Fit If
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow.
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands.
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work.
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks.
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team.
- This position is open in Seattle, WA.
- OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
- We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
- Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.