Technical Partner Manager (Data Platform Solution Engineer) at Expedia Group
Data Services & Platforms
Expedia Group is a leader in using technology to drive business, and that’s where we come in. Our mission in DSP is to make access to data undeniably easy through technology and solutions that unleash the innovation for our people to unlock the power of the world’s best travel platform.
Our products are used by engineers, analysts and data scientists to process date in real-time powering algorithms, deliver complex analytics, and helping our customers find their dream holiday or trip. Add to that our integrated, value-led partner approach and we’re able to bring forward solutions that drive decisions faster and innovation further, keeping Expedia at the forefront of technology and travel.
Partner Services provides platform support and integration leadership for our Partner Brands. We are technical consultants that help our Brands optimize the use of our platform. We make data access, data management, data movement, and analytics easier to access and comprehend. Partner Services is part of the overall DSP Product Team, connecting customer needs to new platform products.
As a Technical Partner Manager, you are an extraordinary, customer oriented individual, support to Expedia Group’s brands, as the Technical lead for DSP Partner Services. You will be responsible for supporting day to day technical support solutions, platform tuning, training, and standard methodology implementation, to help our partners take full advantage of our data ecosystem. Your responsibilities will span a large data size, hybrid-cloud ecosystem including technologies like Hadoop, Teradata, Snowflake, and others.
Join the team and help us create an exciting set of products and services for data at the center of Expedia Group’s global travel platform. We’re building and running a next-generation, multi-tenant led data platform and services to scale with the business and unlock value from data for applications, algorithms, and analytics.
What you'll do:
- You will conduct technical sessions with users to understand business problems and translate to technical solutions.
- You will provide service support for Analysts and Developers from customer groups to solve and optimize platform usage and implement standard methodologies into their workflows.
- You communicate and work directly with Partners to identify customer problems, collecting requirements and recommending solutions.
- You will lead POC’s for platform integration, directly working with Brands to identify use cases for platform use.
- You will partner with DSP Product Group to design new products and solutions for our platform, based on the needs of our customers.
- You will contribute to the DSP training framework, blogs and information sharing of platform standard methodologies and integration materials.
Who you are:
- You are a self-starter and natural problem-solver; love working with Customers; intrinsically motivated and technology savvy. Strong problem solving/ break-fix abilities.
- You're an effective communicator, comfortable sharing highly technical information with users across all levels of an organization.
- You’re able to work cross functionally across Product manager, architects, engineers, Dev Ops teams, to resolve technical, procedural, and operational issues
- You like to keep pace with the latest technology and our platform service offering, evangelizing standard methodologies to customers.
- A bachelor’s degree in analytics, data science, or engineering discipline is preferred. An advanced degree is a plus.
- Experience working on large datasets & Analytics centric multi-platform environments across technologies.
- Hands-on experience with technologies like AWS services, Hadoop, Kafka, HIVE, SQL, Spark, R, etc. Familiarity with Qubole, Snowflake, Teradata/SQL framework and a modern general scripting language such as Python
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus later this year. The campus features onsite wellness and market hall with amazing food options on 40 acres of waterfront property. Check out the campus and the latest news on https://lifeatexpedia.com/seattle-campus
LI-AN1*Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.