Technical Program Manager II at Expedia Group
Technical Program Manager II
Are you passionate about data and the technology needed to drive a multi-billion-dollar business? Do you love building creative, high-scale intelligence capabilities using a diverse set of state-of-the-art technologies?
Expedia’s Conversational Platform and Customer Engagement team is dedicated to driving technology innovation to create effortless customer experiences through our platform for conducting intelligent conversations. You will be enabling groups across the company to create outstanding Virtual Agent experiences within the platform supporting worldwide apps, web sites, social channels, and voice channels! We support hundreds of millions of conversations a year across a global brand portfolio and partnership programs. We are building out the platform's intelligence services that power Expedia Group's Virtual Agents to address customer needs in an optimal manner without needing human intervention.
We need an experienced, results-oriented Technical Program Manager to lead delivery of intelligence capabilities on the Conversational Platform. You understand goals and define requirements in partnership with leadership, product management and development teams and drive teams to desired outcomes. You're able to deliver creative solutions in a fast-paced agile development environment and possess strong project management skills to shepherd the results from definition to deployment.
If respect, ownership, recognition, trust, simplification, and test-and-learn speaks to you - and the thought of joining a growing team excites you - consider Expedia Group!
What you'll do
- Drive product and new feature development through every stage of the software development life-cycle; and work with team and EG resources to refine team SDLC
- Collaborate with tech partners, product, and dev teams to design technical solutions and provide detailed specs that satisfy scalability, reliability, and performance goals
- Perform project management activities, which include active mitigation of any risks to the project scope and schedule and provide status updates
- Prioritize the team road map and team activities
- Lead trade-offs between cost, schedule and customer benefit; and provide technical direction and guidance
- Execute discussion and documentation of lessons learned and drive continuous improvement into all project processes
- Drive agile planning and execution processes
Who you are
- 4+ years’ experience working in multi-functional teams consists of Program Managers, Product Managers, Developers, and business owners
- Prior experience as a business or process analyst and a developer
- High degree of competency in all phases of project management, including issue and risk identification and management, tracking dependencies and achievements, and communicating overall project status
- Experience working with development methodologies, e.g. Agile and SCRUM, and process workflow across organizations
- Naturally curious and driven with a passion to make things better at every opportunity
- Noise reducer and builder of structure around chaos
- Ability to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business partners
- Deep understanding of technical platforms, and internal and party API interfaces
- Solid understanding of software development processes
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.