Technical Program Manager - Information Security at Flexport
Flexport’s Chief Information & Security Officer (CISO) organization is looking for a passionate, results-oriented Technical Program Manager with a Security focus. In this role you will manage the delivery of complex technology programs/projects in a diverse environment with multiple technical and non-technical stakeholders and multiple resource pools, and ensure the artifacts from these programs/projects and the corresponding operations meet the objectives of Security.
You must be able to initiate and manage programs with solid understanding of the underlying Security objectives, communicate clearly among stakeholders and team members, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in creating program roadmap, developing and following through on project plans, identifying program/project dependencies and headwinds, facilitating resolutions, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You are able to curate and present relevant data and artifacts that facilitate informed decision making.You will:
- Run day to day, select security program/project operations regarding tracking and monitoring of security projects. Manage project operational aspects, scope, change management, and track scheduled progress through the appropriate metrics to meet changing needs and requirements to provide clear visibility into statuses of security programs and projects.
- Ensure the timely updates on management of dashboards, tasks, timelines, issues and process documentation. Accurately tracks status, requests project/program updates to ensure real-time program/project visibility and accuracy to customers and cross-functional teams.
- Collect data through the operations of security programs including but not limited to: general security awareness, secure code training, phishing, identity and access management; and analyze for augmentation opportunities under the guidance of security program leadership.
- Formulate program and project artifacts to execute on opportunities confirmed from data analysis for select security programs under leadership guidance.
- Plan, prioritize,and execute against other program/project “Run the Business” areas such ie. project enhancement queues, Jira request deep dives, workflow setup and modifications, dashboards, integrations. etc.
- Develop and maintain templates and SOP’s (standard operating procedures) that will drive efficiency for projects going into support and sustaining phases
- Responsible for continuous improvement efforts on security awareness projects to include continuous assessment of localized phishing simulations, localized security awareness training content, the corresponding reporting as well as security events to evangelize and entice security awareness among the workforce.
- Follow CISO communication strategy and cadence, partner closely with the Security, IT, and Infra Engineering teams to consistently and timely deliver project communications across all stakeholders and sponsors
- Drive project continuity across many cross functional teams to achieve maximum efficiency during planning and execution
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, highly engaging and creative.
- 3-5 years of security program management experience, or 5+ years of non-security TPM experience in IT or Engineering with a solid program/project delivery track record.
- Understanding of the relationships between Security and other technology and engineering functions, and the corresponding enterprise engagement requirements.
- Proven ability to demonstrate leading project teams and navigating through ambiguity with meticularness and operational stability.
- Ability to pivot and adapt to change quickly
- Have a bias to action. Be driven, be organized, be resourceful with a “can-do” attitude, and demonstrate the ability to thrive in operating through ambiguity
- Security domain knowledge in at least one area such as security awareness, risk management, identity and access management, and/or third-party management.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.