About the job
As a Technical Program Manager focused on Infrastructure, you will play a key role within infrastructure engineering, driving large cross functional projects that span the organization. Our team is comprised of varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry veterans. Relevant experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude.
This position is responsible for planning requirements, identifying risks, managing schedules, and communicating clearly with project stakeholders. You will partner up with Infrastructure, Platform and Infosec teams to get things done. You will have a broad and lasting impact on Assurance engineering and a company business as a whole.
- Organize and direct operational readiness reviews for Assurance services and features across all of Assurance engineering.
- Organize and direct incident management programs across all of Assurance engineering.
- Drive all of infrastructure-related campaigns (resource tagging, networking changes, database management and more).
- Drive a multitude of technical cross-team initiatives to converge on a small set of core frameworks & infra services and reduce costs of development and maintenance.
- Recommend and execute on AWS cost-saving opportunities across all engineering teams.
- Manage vendor relations with 25+ SaaS in use - AWS, DataDog, Splunk, Hashicorp, BuildKite, GitHub and more.
- At minimum 3 years experience as a technical program manager, SRE or DevOps engineer in fast-paced organization.
- Experience driving cross-functional or company-wide initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to influence, develop productive working relationships, and drive technical teams from different business functions.
- Strong technical acumen - actively participate and contribute to technical discussions, proactively identify challenges and risks, working closely with engineering leaders on addressing challenges, and form mitigation plans.
Assurance offers the best online insurance shopping experience; within minutes a customer can have instantly approved life, health, auto, or home coverage. We’ve simplified the online checkout process so that customers can get covered instantly online, and we’ve also built an on-demand workforce of licensed insurance agents that can speak with customers who want to talk to an expert, 24x7. Powering all of this is a cloud-first, event-driven, service-oriented-architecture, using the latest software frameworks. We combine our web technology with data science models at every step to make intelligent decisions about how we market to customers, what policies we recommend, and which agents we match to customers. Our mission is to make insurance easier, cheaper, and higher quality, for everyone – not just the affluent. Our team is humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
We’ve pioneered many new technologies and are proud of many world-first technical achievements. We are the only company to pay commissions to on-demand workers with a real-time payment solution, so money earned is deposited into their bank accounts instantly, every day of the year; and to pay dynamic bonus rewards generated in real-time by machine learning models during phone sales calls. We developed a voice signature technology to enable customers to conveniently sign for their insurance policy over the phone. We built a completely serverless telephony platform that uses dozens of machine learning models to automatically optimize how we place phone calls to customers and connect them with sales agents on the platform.
In September 2019, Assurance was acquired by Prudential (NYSE:PRU; $36B market cap) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world. We are at the forefront of this exciting mission and are looking for experienced software engineers who are excited about the chance to rethink the insurance industry from the ground up in a technology-first manner.
We have 4 engineering offices worldwide in Seattle (headquarters), Toronto, Ft. Lauderdale, and Kathmandu. Each office has many teams of engineers; each team owns a set of software applications and business functionality. We work collaboratively across time zones and geographies, using Slack, Zoom, Github, and email. Engineers in remote offices will typically visit headquarters once or twice per year.
Review our CCPA policies here.
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.
Still have questions? Hear directly from our team here!