Technical Program Manager at Pivotal Commware
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:31 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Pivotal Commware is the inventor of Holographic Beam Forming® (HBF), a patented breakthrough in electromagnetic physics that enables its Software Defined Antennas to harness, shape and direct radio waves so mobile carriers can maximize capacity, coverage and throughput on demand. HBF offers order-of-magnitude advantages over legacy beamforming systems in Cost, Size, Weight and Power consumption (C-SWaP) and is recognized as an essential element in the 5G ecosystem. 5G leadership is pivotal to the US economy, and 5G is Pivotal.
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager who will manage and coordinate projects leading to the development and deployment of a next generation terrestrial communications antenna system. Responsibilities include technically defining project proposals to manage time, scope and delivery of various technical teams devoted to product development. This position reports to the Director of Product Development.
As a Technical Program Manager at Pivotal Commware, you will:
● Manage all phases of cross-functional projects during product development to ensure customer satisfaction, project continuity and internal consistency
● Coordinate cross-functional technical, and non-technical staff by ensuring assigned projects/tasks are completed accurately and by the specified due date
● Develop project schedules and processes to ensure customer satisfaction, project continuity and the timely delivery of services
● Prepare regular progress, project status and problem resolution reports regarding status
● Monitor time and dollar expenditures to ensure projects and budgets meet established targets
Our ideal Technical Program Manager will have:
● Multiple years of experience as a Program Manager or Project Manager specializing in electronics hardware systems design
● Multiple years of progressively responsible project management experience in a large projects, products, and systems
● Ability to demonstrate project planning and management capabilities as a part of the interview process
● Ability to perform oral and written communications to exchange information, explain procedures, techniques, and answer questions in a clear logical manner
● Strong ability to develop and maintain effective interpersonal relations across multiple functional teams within and outside the company
● Skills for evaluating current resources and forecasting future trends and needs
● Ability to manage multiple large projects and work within stringent deadlines to complete assignments within a restricted time period
● Ability to interpret, analyze and evaluate available data and make decisions concerning complex and comprehensive operational problems along with evaluate the work of teams engaged in product design and development
● Bachelor’s degree required
● The following certifications & background highly regarded:
○ Certification via a Project Management Certification program, Project Management Institute or a course leading to PMI, PMP or CAPM certification
○ Experience leading hardware telecommunications projects
○ Experience with planning, directing, coordinating and evaluating the work of personnel engaged in the development, installation, and/or maintenance of major telecommunications projects/systems
○ Experience preparing budget and cost estimates to determine necessary funding for assigned area budget through projections and analyze and interpret financial data to determine and project budget needs
Pivotal was named among Washington’s Top 100 Places to Work in 2018 & 2019 and has attracted $40M in investment. At Pivotal you’ll join a team experienced in advanced communications, commercial antennas, RF circuit design, machine learning and active/nonlinear metamaterials. If you want to apply yourself to this fascinating endeavor, then we’d like to hear from you!
APPLY NOW or learn more about us and HBF at PivotalCommware.com
Pivotal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Read Full Job Description