Technical Program Manager
EnergySavvy is seeking a Technical Program Manager with experience building backend services to continue the evolution of our cloud platform. In this role you’ll drive the development of the core platform services which power the entire EnergySavvy product suite. You’ll leverage a cutting edge technology stack utilizing distributed computing-enabled machine learning on massive utility datasets to create unique, actionable insights on the ways we use energy.
We’re looking for a problem solver who has a track record of great technical software program management, with deep technical capabilities, and a real passion for building out new products in emerging markets. Your role will be to work with a team of talented developers to translate internal and external customer needs into finished products. Our software transforms the way customers interact with their utilities, understand how their actions affect energy use, and help customers save money and the planet.
If you’re a self-starter with a history of delivering results with a collaborative team you’ll fit right in with us.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Analyze and translate market business requirements to specific software requirements, functional specifications, epics, tickets, and software release.
- Work with small cross-functional team that includes product strategy, design, and development to collaboratively solve product challenges.
- Relentless execution on your product’s roadmap.
- Researching and integrating with third-party technology vendors and open source.
- Support sales and client engagement teams with your deep product understanding via client visits, phone calls, and other client-focused interactions.
- Drive client satisfaction through product planning, dependable delivery and clear consistent communication.
For success in this position, you will bring the following skills and experiences:
- Two to four years of experience in technical program management or similar roles.
- Tangible experience with agile software development process and the ability to turn customer requests into comprehensive requirements.
- Experience building solutions with distributed web services.
- Expertise working with and designing continuous delivery deployment systems (service oriented architecture, containers, continuous integration, trunk based development, release toggling, etc.)
- API design methodology and support expertise.
- Desire for direct interaction with customers and end users.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write prototype code, build preliminary integrations, and generally hack ideas into a demonstrable state to evangelize product direction.
Preferred skills, but not required:
- Experience and/or passion for data science, machine learning, data management, data ingestion tools and distributed computing.
- Experience and passion on energy and utility industry problems.
- Proven experience leading the design of distributed web services.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
EnergySavvy is a cloud software company that helps utilities transform their customer experience and operations. EnergySavvy provides personalized customer insights, breakthrough customer engagement, and automated program delivery with the industry's only platform purpose-built to enhance the customer experience and increase operational efficiency. Nearly 40 utilities and state programs rely on EnergySavvy to enable customer experience transformation in the modern, digital customer era.
We believe in diversity, not merely because it’s a mechanism for happier, more productive teams, but because we believe we have an obligation to work against structural discrimination. We welcome all race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about EnergySavvy's company and culture.