Technical Program Manager at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:15 a.m. (PST) on Friday, May 7, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
Our Product and Engineering team is tasked with leading the innovation on behalf of our customers. The work we do directly impacts truck drivers and shippers. Our team owns the infrastructure for building platforms and products, experimentation, and product velocity. This is critical to achieve our goal of building a world-class digital freight network. The company has experienced significant growth and we are looking for Technical Program Managers to help us deliver projects to scale our business. This is the perfect time to join our diverse engineering team as we work to scale, and realize this massive vision!
Ideal candidates will have experience driving products, applications, platforms, and leading cross-functional initiatives that span the breadth of engineering. They will have a passion for infrastructure, operational excellence, platform technologies, and will be knowledgeable about the full lifecycle of service development. They will enjoy being the central nervous system that identifies dependencies, and connect multiple teams to support delivering goals that allow Convoy Engineering to thrive and scale.
- Lead functional and technical delivery of key team, organization, and company-wide initiatives
- Own large scale processes to deliver internal services to development teams
- Collaborate with teams to develop and ensure adoption of agile methodology to simplify project delivery
- Collaborate with all stakeholders in a program and lead execution from concept to ship
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 4 years or more as a TPM, engineering leader, product manager (technical domain), or a related discipline
- You have a desire to collaborate with product and platform teams to define strategy and requirements
- You have proficiency in working with engineering teams to design, scope, and shepherd features
- You have the ability to drive large initiatives while also creating project / release plans and roadmaps
- Ability to influence peers / managers, build trust, and drive alignment while dealing with ambiguity
- Capacity to own and execute multiple programs simultaneouslyStrong communication skills to interface and collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!