Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
Our Product and Engineering team is tasked with leading the innovation on behalf of our customers. The work we do directly impacts truck drivers and shippers. Our team owns the infrastructure for building platforms and products, experimentation, and product velocity. This is critical to achieve our goal of building a world-class digital freight network. The company has experienced significant growth and we are looking for Technical Program Managers to help us deliver projects to scale our business. This is the perfect time to join our diverse engineering team as we work to scale, and realize this massive vision!
Ideal candidates will have experience driving products, applications, platforms, and leading cross-functional initiatives that span the breadth of engineering. They will have a passion for infrastructure, operational excellence, platform technologies, and will be knowledgeable about the full lifecycle of service development. They will enjoy being the central nervous system that identifies dependencies, and connect multiple teams to support delivering goals that allow Convoy Engineering to thrive and scale.
- Lead functional and technical delivery of key team, organization, and company-wide initiatives
- Own large scale processes to deliver internal services to development teams
- Collaborate with teams to develop and ensure adoption of agile methodology to simplify project delivery
- Collaborate with all stakeholders in a program and lead execution from concept to ship
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 4 years or more as a TPM, engineering leader, product manager (technical domain), or a related discipline
- You have a desire to collaborate with product and platform teams to define strategy and requirements
- You have proficiency in working with engineering teams to design, scope, and shepherd features
- You have the ability to drive large initiatives while also creating project / release plans and roadmaps
- Ability to influence peers / managers, build trust, and drive alignment while dealing with ambiguity
- Capacity to own and execute multiple programs simultaneously
- Strong communication skills to interface and collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!