Technical Program Manager at Trupanion
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Do you enjoy leading software projects from strategy creation to completion? As part of the Digital Experience/IT team, our Technical Program Manager will develop and execute highly visible technical programs through the Agile development lifecycle. As a tireless multitasker, you will be responsible for the delivery of highly available, scalable software products and services for the Trupanion website, member portal, and mobile application. Join us if you want to help loving, responsible pet owners care for their pets!
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead all aspects of the technical delivery and implementation of Trupanion's digital experience initiatives
- Partner with leadership and technical leads to deliver solutions that meet engineering, business, and customer requirements
- Collaborate with business partners to scope and create business and functional requirements; define and establish product roadmaps
- Resolve ambiguity and conflict to bring teams and business groups into alignment
- Run development team backlog, manage cross-functional dependencies, work prioritization, assignment, and tracking in Azure DevOps
- Actively engage business and technical partners on project status through superb communication
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Passionate about solving business problems while collaborating closely across teams in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented individual who can think strategically, adapt quickly and rapidly earn credibility and trust within all levels of the organization
- Possess solid organizational and project management skills while leading multiple projects with competing priorities
- Proficient collaborating with engineering teams to design, scope, and deliver high scale services within distributed systems
- Skilled at leading and influencing different teams across the organization without formal authority
- Dedicated to being a role model, coach, and mentor to others, with an eye on team productivity and helping others succeed
- Low ego!
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Project Management Professional certification preferred, but not required
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.