Technical Program Manager
- Owning delivery schedule and status updates to stakeholders based on an agile roadmap.
- Representing technical delivery needs in the product prioritization process - balancing team capacity, feature complexity, impact to our customers, and other needs of the business.
- Developing and implementing superior product delivery operations and execution across our engineering organization. Meeting or exceeding your goals while delivering predictable, high-quality features in the product.
- Providing initial swagging and scoping of projects w/ product management, i.e. t-shirt sizing based on project complexity and alignment against engineering resources.
- Translating business needs and feature requirements into engineering-ready epics, stories, and tasks in preparation for delivery.
- Continuous grooming of the product backlog, infrastructure backlog, and other engineering needs.
- Working with customers and prospects directly as the first line of technical scoping for major customer initiatives.
- Other special projects supporting the CTO including resource planning, technical design, project management, and engineering operations.
- 6+ years of technical program management experience.
- Highly knowledgeable on best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, operations, and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
- Confident throughout the stack, whether that’s building responsive front-end interfaces or building service-oriented backends and APIs. Possessing a deep knowledge of core system technologies and a broad understanding of the technology landscape that we use (AWS, relational and non-relational data stores, distributed web applications, service-oriented architectures and event streaming frameworks). Ability to participate in meaningful technical architecture conversations with engineering leadership.
- Laser focused on delivering high-quality features, with excellent judgment on balancing time-to-market and scalability. Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities.
- Experience managing large-scale technical program delivery across multiple engineering teams and complex stakeholder maps. Ability to earn trust through regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control.
- Demonstrated experience bringing strong, data-driven business and technical judgment to decisions. Ability to adapt your approach to meet the needs of the program or product for the customer, while simultaneously ensuring the product is implemented in a way that allows us to scale the platform as well as rapidly expand the product’s features.
- Highly self-directed and comfortable in a small, unstructured environment with ambiguous and rapidly changing requirements and designs.
- A collaborative team player with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively partner with all levels of leadership and engineering disciplines. You are able to represent, verbally and in writing, complex decisions, tough trade-offs, and potential solutions clearly to stakeholders to help them understand the decisions they have to make and the implications of potential options.
- Startup experience strongly preferred.
- Enterprise SaaS experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.