Technical Project Specialist
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) allows us to communicate with our shippers electronically and reduces manual workload. Establishing EDI integrations with our shippers is crucial to unlocking growth and scale in our operations. As an EDI Project Manager you will work closely with internal Convoy operations and product teams, external customers, and vendors to ensure successful EDI integrations. You will determine priority of projects, define requirements and deliverables, schedule and track integration progress, identify and resolve technical issues, and communicate progress across all stakeholders. Ideal candidates will be adaptable, resilient, and eager to attack unfamiliar problems with curiosity and a bias for action.
As a member of the Business Operations & Sales Strategy team you will need to understand priorities across Convoy’s Demand organization and ensure alignment with EDI project pipeline. As strategy and priorities shift, you will need to react quickly and adapt. To be successful you will need to have intimate knowledge of operational details, manage business priorities, and be comfortable applying a systems thinking framework to dissect complex and technical problems. You must also have a strong ability to manage communications, both with external customers and internal teams.
- Lead efforts to identify risks, resolve key project conflicts, and establish appropriate resolution paths
- Interact extensively with business users to evaluate operational requirements and define project milestones, timelines, and resourcing
- Draft EDI transmissions in a test environment with our vendors and end customers
- Translate account operational requirements into EDI logic by providing detailed instructions for our vendors and engineering teams
- Provide reporting as necessary on project status, risks, issues and mitigation plans
- Prioritize integration requests and effectively communicate priority decisions and changes to internal stakeholders
- Ensure the constant flow of communication between the customer, account operations team, engineering, and management so that all stakeholders are apprised of statuses and challenges
- End to end management of EDI integrations including launch coordination and post launch bug tracking, resolution, and escalation
- Develop strong partnerships with engineering, product management, and business leaders to understand priorities and drive focus on strategic and tactical program objectives
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- An ability to simultaneously manage multiple, fast-paced initiativesExcellent problem-solving skills with high degree of attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working across both operational and technical teams
- Experience building processes, project management, and developing release schedules
- Experience at high growth companies and/or startups
- Experience managing workflow with remote teams
Read Full Job Description