Trust & Safety Strategist
The User Ops Specializations team focuses on building scalable operations while providing Tier 3 support to internal and external stakeholders. We work to advance issue resolution, processes, and documentation by drawing on expert institutional knowledge and experience. We build indispensable partnerships and collaborative initiatives around user safety, privacy, supportability, product launches and product feedback.
As a Trust & Safety product strategist, you will help shape team strategy and execute on team objectives using complex project management, cross-functional collaboration, and data-driven decision making. You will leverage experience handling sensitive, complex user-facing issues to build at-scale, proactive, users-first support solutions.
What you’ll do
- Work with cross-functional partners to identify and create solutions for user issues
- Work with partner teams and users directly to collect, quantify & communicate product-related challenges to be considered by product and engineering in future development.
- Identify, plan, and execute on cross-functional projects that help your product/engineering partners meet goals more efficiently. Help build processes for scale.
- Regularly provide updates on your progress in Product Ops team-wide channels (internal newsletters, internal webinars, etc).
- Identify and actively build connections with relevant subject matter experts across the company to surface insights, to get them excited about what your team is building, and to pave the way for smoother future rollouts.
Develop and maintain scalable support processes
- Make sure user-facing teams are ready with the information and processes required to support new products or changes to workflows (training, playbooks, documentation, resolution paths, FAQs, etc).
- Surface use-cases and edge-cases to scale global support. Work with regional teams to validate requirements and proposed solutions.
- Uplevel the internal understanding of Stripe’s real-world impact on users, and improve internal processes and workflows to optimize outsourcing and reduce overall escalation rate.
- Build scalable solutions across Stripe to ensure Trust & Safety best practices and standards are successfully implemented throughout the user experience.
- Hone subject matter expertise to support users
- Investigate complex, escalated user cases relating to fraud, privacy, user safety, and risk.
- Utilize subject-matter expertise to partner with cross-functional teams in developing and improving process and products related to Trust & Safety (e.g., Risk, Privacy, Legal)
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Can develop a deep understanding of a complex product and its complex use cases.
- Can analyze user feedback patterns and use these insights to drive process and product improvements.
- Can comfortably present data analysis to XFN partners on an ongoing basis, including engineering teams.
- You are great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences, with a talent for building empathy for user problems.
- Enjoy working in SQL/Redshift.
- Are an awesome project and program manager.
- 2+ years of experience in an operational, compliance or project management role.
- You have experience with trust & safety, payments-related products, or technical platforms.
- You are comfortable with complex and sensitive user facing issues relating to privacy, user safety, fraud, and supportability.
Please refer to Stripe’s internal mobility process for more details on eligibility.