First Mode draws on the exceptional talent and creativity of its multidisciplinary team to solve the toughest problems on and off the planet. We help companies, governments, and individuals from the earliest stages of problem definition to prototype creation and demonstration. A continual desire to discover and invent has led our team to drill into the unknown surface of Mars, electrify large industrial equipment, and apply remote sensing technologies to water conservation.
While each project is unique, we typically meld together robotics, automation, systems engineering, modeling and simulation, and advanced fabrication to create a new future across many industries. If you have exceptional talent and a vision for the future, we want to talk.
First Mode depends on the successful execution of projects across industries, technologies, and customer profiles. As VP, Projects, you will report to the President and serve on the executive team, ensuring the successful coordination and delivery of all First Mode client project activities. You’ll have exceedingly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, in a challenging, dynamic, and fast-changing organization. We are looking for a resourceful, quick learner who knows how to gain technical and programmatic background to support First Mode’s execution. You will collaborate regularly with some of the smartest and most highly motivated professionals in the world and leave an impact on this planet and others.
- Responsible for the coordination of all Company client project activities
- Responsible for the development, training, and maintenance of project management practices across Company activities to ensure consistency and alignment with the Company’s mission, vision, and culture
- Support incoming project planning and approval, including evaluation of workforce, facilities, and infrastructure
- Develop and deploy metrics for tracking Company project health and success; responsible for regular reporting of these metrics to the President and executive team
- Serve as group manager for all active project managers, providing feedback and mentorship in project execution, career growth and development, and project management practices
- Track and manage client relationships across the enterprise, including performing QA/QC after projects are complete
- Assist with the identification of business development, partnership, and marketing opportunities
- 8+ years of experience in a highly technical field
- Demonstrated and repeated success across the entire product development lifecycle, involving hardware, software, and system integration and test
- Willingness to travel within the United States & internationally
- 4+ years of experience leading multidisciplinary teams
- Degree in a technical field
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, communication, and client-focused skills
- Eager to innovate, take initiative, and maximize opportunities for others
- Experience in the space, clean technology, natural resources, robotics, automotive, or defense sectors
- Excitement and enthusiasm to work on a small team, regularly contributing to company direction, strategy, and growth
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.