Account Development Manager, Restarts at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
Customers are King! Each and every day the Customer Success Team works to ensure that our clients are maximizing the value they are receiving from PitchBook. Onboarding, training, support, business development and renewals are handled by the Customer Success team. We believe in doing whatever it takes to make our customers successful and the CS team drives that success every day.The Account Development Manager, Restarts role is a highly visible role that makes a direct and significant impact. The Account Development Manager, Restarts works to drive value that leads to win-backs, expansion, renewals, and customer satisfaction. You will be dedicated to finding opportunities within prior client accounts by establishing and re-establishing relationships with key decision makers and uncovering the unique needs of every client. Success comes from matching those needs with the countless business applications that PitchBook can provide and takes a highly consultative, intelligent, hard worker who will go the extra mile.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Build and manage a pipeline of win-back opportunities across multiple client types
- Act as primary point of contact and business partner for a dedicated portfolio of prior clients via in-person, phone and/or email
- Consistently meet and exceed sales targets and own the full sales cycle from first contact through close
- Take the time to truly understand clients' needs and business priorities, guiding potential clients through needs analysis and discovery sessions
- Conduct client demonstration sessions designed to address the individual needs of the account and end user(s) with a consultative approach
- Work collaboratively with a designated Customer Success Associate to strategize on account win-back opportunities
- Go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction in their evaluation of PitchBook and product education
- Maintain a growth mindset and positive attitude
- Support the vision and values of the company by setting an example and demonstrating desired behaviors
- An appreciation for the PE / VC marketplace and the ability to learn and understand why and how each of our client types engages with our product and our data
- Enjoy networking and talking with new people every day
- A love of and basic understanding of technology
- At least 2 years of successful account management experience with an emphasis on expansion, ideally with a technology product
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs to forecast sales and maintain updated records of client interactions
- Goal-oriented - they've got quotas to meet and they love to beat them
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a keen eye for detail