Account Executive - E-Commerce (Bellevue) at OfferUp
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 90M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
Are you a customer-focused Sales Executive and want to work at one of Seattle’s most successful startups? OfferUp is seeking an Account Executive who is passionate about acquiring and growing a merchant base to sell products to our millions of consumers on OfferUp. In this role, you will help build and grow a base of business to sell through our platform to our millions of users. This team’s focus will be on growing a new sales channel for OfferUp. You will be instrumental in partnering with Product, Marketing, Engineering and leadership to build and grow a new revenue stream for OfferUp and new selection for our Customers.
You must be a highly motivated person with a history of success helping attain monthly, quarterly, and annual goals/budgets. Past experience in seller recruitment or online merchants is a huge plus and will help you succeed in this role.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- 40-50 calls a day in order to secure new business by selling e-commerce or local business to grow the OfferUp Pro Program
- Grow revenue base from scratch, by identifying and closing new business from cold calling
- Provide exemplary customer service to all Merchants
- Research and prospect new customers in targeted territories
- Discover the path to successfully selling to a variety of merchants in varying categories of sales (from Electronics, Home Goods, Auto Parts, etc.)
- Onboard new customers, and provide support for customer issue resolution
- Collaborate with Product, Research, and Business Operations to ensure the learnings from the field are incorporated into the overall business direction
- Lead, track, and report on all prospecting activity and results in our CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Partner with Sales Operations, Product, and Marketing to test, measure, and execute acquisition ideas
- Take an ownership role in the continued build-out and documentation of infrastructure and process of acquiring and on-boarding Verified Dealers, balancing strong and standard execution with Simplification
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 3-5+ years of Business Development, Inside Sales or Account Management experience with a tech company serving brick-and-mortar or e-commerce merchants
- Competitive drive, optimism, and confidence
- Demonstrated proficiency in prospecting and hunting for new clients
- Versed in the art of selling to busy, no-nonsense business owners while developing relationships for the long-term
- Resourceful and adaptable, and can identify creative solutions that may not be “how it is done” in this space
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects
- Ability to adapt quickly to a changing work environment
- Experienced in building a process from the ground up, learning on the fly and not scared of an undocumented process
Helpful, but not required:
- Ad sales, SMB, Startup experience
- Past experience acquiring business to consumer Sellers or e-commerce merchants
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Expert use of MS Office Suite, CRMs (e.g. Salesforce.com) and other systems
- Knowledge or understanding of Gong.io, or Outreach
- Knowledge of competitors in online selling marketplaces
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.