Account Executive, Enterprise Accounts
Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of big data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd's 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.
What We Do: We're on the front lines of PayScale, helping bring aboard new Enterprise customers to PayScale's growing list of over 7,000 customers. We work with Compensation and HR teams to help explore how PayScale's solutions can help them streamline and improve and automate their comp processes using PayScale's SaaS compensation software.
What You Do: You're responsible for an Enterprise territory, comprised of multiple states in the US and Canada, and drive all sales activity in that territory to achieve your annual goal. Work with your Sales Development Representative (SDR) to execute on a territory plan to optimize top of funnel opportunities. Maintain a sales funnel 4x your quota while meeting and exceeding sales objectives. You maintain an accurate pipeline and practice good Salesforce.com hygiene at all times. You're a positive influence on PayScale's culture, in your own way.
Day-in-the-Life: As an Enterprise Account Executive, a typical day may include the following…
- Researching accounts and people in your territory, finding the best target accounts to pursue
- Conducting professional demonstrations of PayScale's market leading compensation solutions, aligning our features and benefits to a customer's needs, wants, and processes
- Following-up on activity opportunities, using strong written and oral communication skills to help a prospective customer down the buying process
- Work with customers to traverse their legal and procurement processes in a timely manner
First Year in Role:
- Month 3: You'll be proficient in presenting PayScale's products and services, including the functionality, value proposition, and how our solutions would fit customer processes. By now, you've started to build your pipeline, possibly have even closed a few deals, and you're starting to find your groove.
- Month 6: You'll have put the pieces together - not winning in every single situation, but also not making the same mistake more than a few times. You've won over a few customers, gotten the feel for what it takes to win, all while continuing to build up your pipeline. You've really gotten to know your territory well, put themes together to repeat success, and have become part of our high-functioning team. Some next-level learning is now possible, you're ready to up your game.
- Month 12: You've hit your ramped quota, learned from your mistakes, and now you're focused on sustaining your success. You've traveled into your territory once or twice, connected with existing customers, and added to the cumulative knowledge of the team. You're itching to revise your territory plan for the next year and keep trying to find ways to take your strategy to the next level.
- 4+ years selling SaaS solutions, preferably in the HR function OR 3+ years as an experienced compensation professional with in-depth experience in market pricing and analysis
- Ability to continually learn and improve based on feedback
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Active listening
- Presentation acumen & polish
- Time management
- MS Excel (beyond basic data entry - focus on data manipulation, pivot tables, and statistical analysis)
- Salesforce (or other CRM)
- MS Powerpoint
- MS Outlook
Meet Your Manager: The myth! The legend! Alan Miegel joined PayScale nearly 3 years ago, armed with an MBA from Northwestern and over 15 years of invaluable compensation industry experience. Alan is an experienced sales leader - intelligent, strategic, and not at all a micro-manager. He believes in perfecting the craft of sales, while fostering lasting impressions on those around him.
Hiring Process: “Change is the only constant in life (and PayScale)” – Heraclitus (okay, so we paraphrased a bit). The hiring process outlined below is a rough overview, and is subject to change based on business priority, interviewer availability, etc.
- Phone Interview with Talent Acquisition
- Phone or Video Interview with the Hiring Manager
- Onsite Interviews
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays AND Summer office closure the entire week of July 4th
- Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave, and onsite Mother’s Room
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
- Onsite bike storage, lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Ergo friendly chairs and sitting-standing desks
- Company-hosted happy hours every Friday afternoon
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.