Account Executive, Mid-Market
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
We're looking for experienced sales individuals to champion a product that is changing business communication across the U.S.. As an Account Executive you will be responsible for selling to prospective Mid-Market customer. You will contribute to our business growth in that market segment.
What's the job really?
- Identify and establish a relationship with the decision makers of a potential customer.
- Understand your customers' businesses at a technical and operational level.
- Drive complex sales cycles orchestrating internal teams of inside sales, marketing, sales support and product.
- Negotiate commercial terms with C-levels individuals.
- Grow the customer base within the Mid Market account segment.
- Managing a sales pipeline including customers in various stages of the sales process.
- Occasional (semi-annual) travel to conferences or networking events.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience selling to to company sizes ranging from Mid-Market companies. SaaS experience while selling API and App integrations is a plus.
- Exceptional prospecting skill set. Someone who is comfortable generating the bulk of their own pipeline.
- Strong sales discovery skills, objection handling skills, business acumen, and closing skills.
- Proven ability in managing complex sales cycles from start to finish with a track record of successful revenue attainment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Resourceful, coachable, drive to overachieve.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic sales role.
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.