Account Executive, Mid Market
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
Join us at our offices in Seattle as a Mid-Market Account Executive. We're looking for self-motivated individuals to champion a product that is changing business communication across the U.S.
Zipwhip's culture stems from the incredible and intelligent individuals that work here. Zipwhip provides an aggressive commission structure that includes a competitive base pay, enormous growth potential, and a clear path to six figures. We believe firmly in setting our employees up for success with a quality initial training program and a clear path toward income growth.
Top account executives exhibit grit by challenging themselves to hit performance goals. Be part of a thriving sales team that is scaling to the next level. Our team is searching for dedicated and driven individuals that have a history of success and are looking for an amazing culture and environment. Being part of Zipwhip's sales organization means developing deep industry knowledge, finding champions within a business, and actively prospecting at all times. Successful sales team members are empowered to be strategic in their prospecting approach by developing and utilizing unique content to drive sales forward. In the past Account Executives have traveled to conferences nationwide, hosted interactive webinars, and written content for industry publications.
What's the job really?
- Identify and establish a relationship with the decision makers of a potential customer.
- Understand your customers' businesses at a technical and operational level.
- Drive complex sales cycles orchestrating internal teams of inside sales, marketing, sales support and product.
- Negotiate commercial terms with C-levels individuals.
- Grow the customer base within the Enterprise account segment.
- Managing a sales pipeline including customers in various stages of the sales process.
- Occasional (semi-annual) travel to conferences or networking events.
What you bring to the table:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- 4+ years of B2B sales experience. SaaS experience while selling API and App integrations is a plus.
- Proven ability in managing complex sales cycles from start to finish with a track record of successful revenue attainment.
- Experience as a leader in a team selling environment towards enterprise organizations.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic sales role.
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.