Account Executive - Sales
Barn2Door is a Seattle-based food+tech startup that helps local farms sell direct to buyers through all digital channels, including web, social and mobile. We exist to empower Farmers who care about our planet.
We are looking for people passionate about the intersection of food, agriculture and technology. At Barn2Door, you’ll get to learn what it takes to build a startup business and participate in ongoing training and education, while also playing a critical role in our growth.
In this role as anAccount Executive, you’ll be responsible for prospecting, targeting and closing new Farmers that are ideally suited for Barn2Door’s solutions. You’ll be responsible for acquiring Farms in designated territories by connecting with prospects, delivering product demonstrations, resolving objections and closing new accounts. With your pulse on the market, you’ll be expected to provide feedback internally to the Marketing, Success and Product teams (about opportunities and challenges). You should be a “hunter”, comfortable and articulate as a presenter, accountable to ongoing metrics for success, and eager to become fluent in the local food scene.
- Focused. Driven. Resourceful. Organized.
- A highly motivated self-starter (this isn’t a theory, it’s a must)
- Tech-savvy - have used online tools / solutions to manage workflow and / or productivity (and you can type!)
- Process oriented - able to follow and track protocol, a superstar at following up
- You love learning technology; you handle details accurately and in a timely manner
- Your communication skills are top-notch, both over the phone and in email
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Minimum 1-2 years working experience with a proven track record
- Demonstrable commitment in a prior job / role to meet and exceed responsibilities
- The ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment
- Desire to work in a startup environment, comfortable in ambiguous situations
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Preferred experience in selling in the technology (SaaS solutions)
- Preferred farm food or farming domain knowledge
- Build a pipeline of prospects and manage the sales stages from initiate to close
- Generate a list of prospective farms through research, emails, phone calls, and events
- Meet and exceed farm subscription goals and overall sales team objectives
- Educate prospects about Barn2Door's solutions through your presentations
- Clearly articulate Barn2Door's value proposition and return on investment
We are big advocates of training and ongoing professional growth. In this position, an Account Executive will require ongoing training and domain knowledge to effectively communicate the nuances of our solution and to navigate questions and closing. Your training will include product orientation, messaging, role-playing, objection handling, and ongoing self-critiques of customer calls and meetings. Training will prepare you with the requisite knowledge to:
- Give you a deep understanding of the Barn2Door solution
- Answer questions regarding core product features and functions
- Engage in authentic and meaningful conversations with prospects
- Highlight the differentiation of our solution in contrast to the competition
- Showcase your work habits, attention to detail, attitude and initiative
- On-Target Earning (OTE) of $70k+ with no cap on upside potential
- Subsidized sales training with additional stipend and ramp to sales OTE (over 3 mo.)
- 10 days PTO, 5 days Sick Leave and 11 Paid Holidays
- 100% premium coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision and AD&D (Employee-only)
- Real experience in a high profile startup company just hitting its growth curve
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Opportunity to be a rock star - great exposure and upside
- Hip startup office environment on Eastlake (Lake Union)
We’re looking for driven, intelligent people who regularly go the extra mile. You should thrive on the urgency of a startup atmosphere and be results driven (always seeking to exceed expectations). You must be well-disciplined, self-motivated and hungry to achieve. If you’ve got drive, grit, creativity, and a passion for local food, startups and disrupting the food industry - then Barn2Door may be right for you.